    07890 770 847

    Web: www.davessoftwaresolutions.2cuk.co.uk
    Email:

    David Hemingsley, Feb 2, 2005

  2. David Hemingsley

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Domain Registration
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => David Hemingsley <= wrote:

    >I currently have my website registered on a sub-domain with www.2cuk.net
    >this is only valid for about 3 weeks and if you do not upgrade they disable
    >your site.
    >
    >Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced web hosting service
    >within the UK I have already checked out the website below and they seem
    >reasonable starting at £25 per year for the basic hosting package
    >
    >Can anyone make any further suggestions?

    Spell checker. Proper punctuation.

    "I also build design, and host proffesional websites at UNBEATABLE prices this
    is an ideal service for a startup local business as I will offer preferential
    rates to new businesses and it is an excellent way to market your business."

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Feb 2, 2005

  3. David Hemingsley

    NRGY Guest

    David,

    I am using hostdime.com services. I do not intend to advertise them I
    am just responding to your question. The bad part is that they are not
    located in UK. The good part is that with $99 you can get 3000MB space.
    And I think that for $40-$50 per year you`ll get 1000MB. Check them
    out. I am from Romania and I can`t complain about their speed. I
    imagine the internet connections in UK are better/faster than here so
    it won`t be a problem for you neither.

    You can also search for more hosting companies on these sites:
    http://www.hostreview.com/
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/
    or Google for "web hosting reviews".

    Regards,
    NRGY

    NRGY, Feb 2, 2005
  4. "David Hemingsley" <> wrote in message
    >I currently have my website registered on a sub-domain with www.2cuk.net
    >this is only valid for about 3 weeks and if you do not upgrade they disable
    >your site.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced web hosting
    > service within the UK I have already checked out the website below and
    > they seem reasonable starting at #25 per year for the basic hosting
    > package
    >
    > Can anyone make any further suggestions?

    Obviously, I'm a bit biased on this subject...but, I am wondering why you
    are limiting yourself to a UK host? You can get free hosting or next to
    free hosting from quite a few different reputable hosts. Bandwidth is
    expensive in the UK and not any better than elsewhere. Most UK hosts choose
    to keep their servers in the US anyway...so its not like server location
    would be a factor.

    Try webhostingtalk.com for some recommendations on who's a good host for
    your needs.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Multi-Domain & Reseller Cpanel Hosting
    http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Feb 3, 2005
  5. On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:43:09 +0000 (UTC), "David Hemingsley"
    <> wrote:

    >I currently have my website registered on a sub-domain with www.2cuk.net
    >this is only valid for about 3 weeks and if you do not upgrade they disable
    >your site.
    >
    >Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced web hosting service
    >within the UK I have already checked out the website below and they seem
    >reasonable starting at £25 per year for the basic hosting package
    >
    >Can anyone make any further suggestions?

    The cheapest and best that I've found is www.123-reg.co.uk a part of
    the Pipex family.
    --

    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Feb 3, 2005
  6. David Hemingsley

    Richard Guest

    On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:43:09 +0000 (UTC) David Hemingsley wrote:

    > I currently have my website registered on a sub-domain with
    > www.2cuk.net
    > this is only valid for about 3 weeks and if you do not upgrade they
    > disable
    > your site.

    > Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced web hosting
    > service
    > within the UK I have already checked out the website below and they
    > seem
    > reasonable starting at £25 per year for the basic hosting package

    > Can anyone make any further suggestions?

    > David Heminsley
    > 07890 770 847

    Web:: www.davessoftwaresolutions.2cuk.co.uk
    > Email:

    www.batcave.net

    You register a site being in subdomain format. yourchoice.batcave.net

    50mb storage. Two tiny text ads at the top.
    FTP to site.
    PHP support.

    Richard, Feb 3, 2005
  7. David Hemingsley

    Smoker Guest

    > On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:43:09 +0000 (UTC) David Hemingsley wrote:
    >
    >> I currently have my website registered on a sub-domain with
    >> www.2cuk.net
    >> this is only valid for about 3 weeks and if you do not upgrade they
    >> disable
    >> your site.

    >> Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced web hosting
    >> service
    >> within the UK I have already checked out the website below and they
    >> seem
    >> reasonable starting at £25 per year for the basic hosting package

    >> Can anyone make any further suggestions?

    >> David Heminsley
    >> 07890 770 847

    > Web:: www.davessoftwaresolutions.2cuk.co.uk
    >> Email:

    > www.batcave.net
    >
    > You register a site being in subdomain format. yourchoice.batcave.net
    >
    > 50mb storage. Two tiny text ads at the top.
    > FTP to site.
    > PHP support.

    Check out www.1and1.com
    They claim to be the biggest in the world, have recently attacked the U.S.
    with 20 page ads in comp mags. I registered my domain for $6 a year and
    their first 6 months of hosting is free. Sounds real shakey, I know, but
    check out their web. They've got it all together for whatever you need and
    cheap. Word is they were the biggest in Europe, out of Germany I think.

    Smoker, Feb 3, 2005
  8. David Hemingsley

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Re: Domain Registration
    => Smoker <= wrote:

    >Check out www.1and1.com
    >They claim to be the biggest in the world, have recently attacked the U.S.
    >with 20 page ads in comp mags. I registered my domain for $6 a year and
    >their first 6 months of hosting is free. Sounds real shakey, I know, but
    >check out their web. They've got it all together for whatever you need and
    >cheap. Word is they were the biggest in Europe, out of Germany I think.

    Before they "attacked" the trade rags with 20 pages a month they offered free
    hosting, which I subscribed.

    Even though I let my domain expire, they kept my account alive. I now have
    access to (via subdomian) 500 MB storage, 10GB transfer, PHP, Perl/CGI, MySQL,
    SSH, Frontpage ext's, unlimited email, free templates, - you name it! When I
    register my next domain it will get hosted there -- shit, I'll even let them
    register it.

    The control panel(s) are a bit crappy (hard to navigate). But once you know
    where everything is -- it's great.

    I would recommend www.1and1.com as well.

    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Feb 3, 2005
  9. David Hemingsley

    Plato Guest

    David Hemingsley wrote:

    > Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced web hosting service
    > within the UK I have already checked out the website below and they seem

    One can host a site anywhere. It doesnt have to be in the country you
    live in.

    Plato, Feb 3, 2005
  10. David Hemingsley

    Livewire Guest

    In article <ctroid$e5e$>,
    says...
    > I currently have my website registered on a sub-domain with www.2cuk.net
    > this is only valid for about 3 weeks and if you do not upgrade they disable
    > your site.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced web hosting service
    > within the UK I have already checked out the website below and they seem
    > reasonable starting at £25 per year for the basic hosting package
    >
    > Can anyone make any further suggestions?
    >
    > David Heminsley
    > 07890 770 847
    >
    > Web: www.davessoftwaresolutions.2cuk.co.uk
    > Email:

    Look to the US for dirt-cheaqp hosting.

    A list of hosts from just $1 a year -- yes, a year -- at
    http://www.findmyhosting.com/searchresults.asp?page=1&op=1&sid=857279

    Livewire, Feb 3, 2005
  11. David Hemingsley

    keitra

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Based on your post info you are in the UK.

    hosting depends upon what you want - if its a pure hobby site & only your mates are going to visit then use free hosting or the cheapest you can find regardless of where the servers are.

    But if your trying to make money from your site your host (and servers) should be in the country you are trying to target.Cheap in USA = expensive if your loosing UK traffic & of course visa versa.

    BTW - I would not touch either 1&1 or 123 with YOUR barge-pole if you want to make cash on the web - for hosting both are good for domian reg. 1&1 being excellent.

    keitra, Aug 21, 2006