    Hi, could someone explain what exactly "domain parking" is please, and
    how/if it differs from registering a domain name.

    Thanks.

    ioweojfiwei, Dec 11, 2004

  2. ioweojfiwei wrote:
    > Hi, could someone explain what exactly "domain parking" is please, and
    > how/if it differs from registering a domain name.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I don't mean to be unkind, but have you tried Googling before asking? I also
    recommend Webopedia, which will define these kind of terms.
    on salads.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Dec 11, 2004

  3. ioweojfiwei

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:36:29 -0000 "ioweojfiwei"
    used 6 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >Hi, could someone explain what exactly "domain parking" is please, and
    >how/if it differs from registering a domain name.

    It basically is a host holding the domain records in a "place" if you don't have
    a website yet. This is so you don't have to pay full blown hosting fees.

    --
    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Dec 12, 2004
  4. ioweojfiwei

    Richard Guest

    ioweojfiwei wrote:

    > Hi, could someone explain what exactly "domain parking" is please, and
    > how/if it differs from registering a domain name.

    > Thanks.

    It's basically a cheap way to activate a domain name.
    So instead of getting an error page, you find a single page stating the site
    is "under construction", in most cases.
    Various registrars do this and some will give you free e-mail rights with
    your domain name.
    Hosts do this hoping you'll do business with them.

    Richard, Dec 12, 2004
  5. ioweojfiwei

    Noel Paton Guest

    Noel Paton, Dec 12, 2004