  1. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    I hear that they are doing it again with the invoice type letters.
    T.N.O., Oct 28, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    Mark. Guest

    In article <bnmvpq$13u3dr$-berlin.de>,
    "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    |I hear that they are doing it again with the invoice type letters.

    just received one from them today at my PO Box, and was about to post a
    message here. Their referral URL points towards a company in the US
    called Enom, Inc.

    NZ$237 for a 2 yr renewal of a domain that cost me NZ$32.......what a
    steal.
    Mark., Oct 29, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    madknoxie Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    > I hear that they are doing it again with the invoice type letters.

    Whoa, freaky - exact same time and subject...

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Oct 29, 2003
  4. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    madknoxie wrote:
    >>I hear that they are doing it again with the invoice type letters.

    > Whoa, freaky - exact same time and subject...

    Luckily I have a very pro-active Domain Registrar :)
    T.N.O., Oct 29, 2003
  5. T.N.O.

    Mr Scebe Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > I hear that they are doing it again with the invoice type letters.

    Yeah, i got one from the pricks today. $237 is way over the fucking top.
    With arseholes like this around, it's hardly surprising that there are so
    many DOS attacks on the Net.

    --
    Mr Scebe
    Mr Scebe, Oct 29, 2003
  6. T.N.O.

    David Guest

    "Mark." <> wrote in message
    > In article <bnmvpq$13u3dr$-berlin.de>,
    > "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    > |I hear that they are doing it again with the invoice type letters.
    > |

    > just received one from them today at my PO Box, and was about to post a
    > message here. Their referral URL points towards a company in the US
    > called Enom, Inc.
    >
    > NZ$237 for a 2 yr renewal of a domain that cost me NZ$32.......what a
    > steal.

    Yes got one when the first lot came out, blinked and realised it was a bit
    of a scam, specially when I actually know the price to register etc domains.

    But there will be people who do not and have paid money...

    Sort of reminds me of the scam where a guy posted an ad in the NY POSt
    saying (to the effect) "Steve, you still owe me $20, please send it asap to
    Box etc etc, signed Peter", apparently a lot of Steves sent money",

    The scatter gun approach, bound to hit someone if the pattern is wide enough
    David, Oct 29, 2003