    Where is the cheapest reliable registrar to renew my domain name at?
    I will renew it for 10 years for preference.
    Thanks
    jimbo, Oct 2, 2005

  2. jimbo wrote:
    > Where is the cheapest reliable registrar to renew my domain name at?
    > I will renew it for 10 years for preference.

    Just my personal opinion, but 10 years seems a tad stupid... I mean in
    the last 10 years, domain registration prices have gone to pretty much
    10% of what they were.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 2, 2005

  3. "jimbo" <> wrote:

    >Where is the cheapest reliable registrar to renew my domain name at?
    >I will renew it for 10 years for preference.

    I need more information. What's the TLD, and are you planning to host
    the domain with the registrar?
    Steve Marshall, Oct 3, 2005
  4. jimbo

    Not Dave Guest

    On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 22:54:16 +1300, "jimbo" <>
    growled these words from under a rock:

    >Where is the cheapest reliable registrar to renew my domain name at?
    >I will renew it for 10 years for preference.
    >Thanks

    www.discountdomains.co.nz

    Nice and simple, cheap, and good support when you need it.

    This is assuming you have an idea of what you are doing, and don't
    need handholding.

    I don't know why you would register it for 10 years - a lot can change
    in that time (including either the way they are handled substantially
    changing, or even a registrar closing their doors).

    I would have thought 2 years max.
    Not Dave, Oct 3, 2005
  5. jimbo

    Rob Guest

    "Not Dave" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 22:54:16 +1300, "jimbo" <>
    > growled these words from under a rock:
    >
    > >Where is the cheapest reliable registrar to renew my domain name at?
    > >I will renew it for 10 years for preference.
    > >Thanks
    > >

    > www.discountdomains.co.nz
    >
    > Nice and simple, cheap, and good support when you need it.
    >
    > This is assuming you have an idea of what you are doing, and don't
    > need handholding.
    >
    > I don't know why you would register it for 10 years - a lot can change
    > in that time (including either the way they are handled substantially
    > changing, or even a registrar closing their doors).
    >
    > I would have thought 2 years max.

    (including either the way they are handled substantially changing, or even a
    registrar closing their doors).

    This isn't a problem, as the registrar has to pay Internet NZ and register
    it for 10 years with them, so that credit will be carried across even if the
    registrar goes out of business.
    Rob, Oct 3, 2005
  6. jimbo

    PJB Guest

    I wouldn't trust them. They don't even offer a street address to contact
    them How do we know they are in NZ. The phone number could redirect to
    anywhere in the world.

    PJB, Oct 4, 2005
  7. jimbo

    Not Dave Guest

    On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:29:45 +1300, "PJB" <> growled
    these words from under a rock:

    >"Rob" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Not Dave" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 22:54:16 +1300, "jimbo" <>
    >>> growled these words from under a rock:

    >>> www.discountdomains.co.nz
    >>>
    >>> Nice and simple, cheap, and good support when you need it.
    >>>
    >>> This is assuming you have an idea of what you are doing, and don't
    >>> need handholding.
    >>>

    >I wouldn't trust them. They don't even offer a street address to contact
    >them How do we know they are in NZ. The phone number could redirect to
    >anywhere in the world.

    1. Please don't top-post.

    2. Who don't you trust? Discount Domains? They're a division of
    Digiweb, and very trustworthy.
    Not Dave, Oct 4, 2005
  8. Not Dave wrote:
    > On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:29:45 +1300, "PJB" <> growled
    > these words from under a rock:

    >>I wouldn't trust them. They don't even offer a street address to contact
    >>them How do we know they are in NZ. The phone number could redirect to
    >>anywhere in the world.

    > 2. Who don't you trust? Discount Domains? They're a division of
    > Digiweb, and very trustworthy.

    ahem... note the (unmunged for god sake!!!) posting email addy... they
    do hosting... probably just a friendly dig at the competition.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 4, 2005
  9. jimbo

    Not Dave Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:41:52 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> growled these words from under a rock:

    >Not Dave wrote:
    >> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:29:45 +1300, "PJB" <> growled
    >> these words from under a rock:

    >>>I wouldn't trust them. They don't even offer a street address to contact
    >>>them How do we know they are in NZ. The phone number could redirect to
    >>>anywhere in the world.

    >> 2. Who don't you trust? Discount Domains? They're a division of
    >> Digiweb, and very trustworthy.

    >ahem... note the (unmunged for god sake!!!) posting email addy... they
    >do hosting... probably just a friendly dig at the competition.

    Hmm, or not so friendly stab...
    Not Dave, Oct 5, 2005
  10. Not Dave wrote:

    >>>2. Who don't you trust? Discount Domains? They're a division of
    >>>Digiweb, and very trustworthy.

    >>ahem... note the (unmunged for god sake!!!) posting email addy... they
    >>do hosting... probably just a friendly dig at the competition.

    > Hmm, or not so friendly stab...

    don't get me wrong... it may well be true, but a big old grain of salt
    needs to be taken from a competitors word(see MS comments on Linux, and
    Linux companies words on MS)

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 5, 2005
  11. jimbo

    Harry Guest

    Not Dave wrote:

    > On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:29:45 +1300, "PJB" <> growled
    > these words from under a rock:
    >>
    >>"Rob" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Not Dave" <> wrote in message

    >>I wouldn't trust them. They don't even offer a street address to contact
    >>them How do we know they are in NZ. The phone number could redirect to
    >>anywhere in the world.

    > 1. Please don't top-post.

    Please don't bottom post. I am sick of scrolling down to read
    boring crap added to the end of unsnipped posts.

    Harry, Oct 5, 2005
  12. jimbo

    Not Dave Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:45:58 +1000, Harry <>
    growled these words from under a rock:

    >> 1. Please don't top-post.

    >Please don't bottom post. I am sick of scrolling down to read
    >boring crap added to the end of unsnipped posts.

    *yawn*

    At least you didn't top-post, so I could actually see to what context
    you were replying.
    Not Dave, Oct 5, 2005
  13. Not Dave wrote:
    >>>1. Please don't top-post.

    >>Please don't bottom post. I am sick of scrolling down to read
    >>boring crap added to the end of unsnipped posts.

    > *yawn*
    > At least you didn't top-post, so I could actually see to what context
    > you were replying.

    Top posting isn't so bad... atleast if everyone does it(look at most*
    email).

    *atleast most of my emailing is done as "top posts"

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site - redesign in progress
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 5, 2005
  14. jimbo

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > >>ahem... note the (unmunged for god sake!!!) posting email addy... they
    > >>do hosting... probably just a friendly dig at the competition.

    > > Hmm, or not so friendly stab...

    > don't get me wrong... it may well be true, but a big old grain of salt
    > needs to be taken from a competitors word(see MS comments on Linux, and
    > Linux companies words on MS)

    I have had a little bit to do with Digiweb, and some friends have used
    them, they're OK.
    Rob J, Oct 5, 2005
  15. jimbo

    Not Dave Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:45:03 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> growled these words from under a rock:

    >>>Please don't bottom post. I am sick of scrolling down to read
    >>>boring crap added to the end of unsnipped posts.

    >> *yawn*
    >> At least you didn't top-post, so I could actually see to what context
    >> you were replying.

    >Top posting isn't so bad... atleast if everyone does it(look at most*
    >email).
    >
    >*atleast most of my emailing is done as "top posts"

    Yes, but email is a 1-on-1 form of communication. Generally you know
    exactly where in the conversation you are, and there is only one
    thread - ie it doesn't split off into 5 different sub-threads.
    Not Dave, Oct 5, 2005
  16. T'was the Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:45:58 +1000 when I remembered Harry
    <> saying something like this:

    >Please don't bottom post. I am sick of scrolling down to read
    >boring crap added to the end of unsnipped posts.

    You're telling me, I just get to the point of ignoring unsnipped
    posts. Bit like having information on webpages more than three clicks
    away I guess.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 5, 2005
  17. In article <>,
    Harry <> wrote:

    >Not Dave wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:29:45 +1300, "PJB" <> growled
    >> these words from under a rock:
    >>>
    >>>"Rob" <> wrote in message

    >>>I wouldn't trust them. They don't even offer a street address to contact
    >>>them How do we know they are in NZ. The phone number could redirect to
    >>>anywhere in the world.

    >> 1. Please don't top-post.

    >Please don't bottom post. I am sick of scrolling down to read
    >boring crap added to the end of unsnipped posts.

    I suppose you're the type of person for whom those "Back to Top" links
    on Web pages are designed...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 7, 2005
  18. In article <>,
    Harry <> wrote:

    >Not Dave wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:29:45 +1300, "PJB" <> growled
    >> these words from under a rock:
    >>>
    >>>"Rob" <> wrote in message

    >>>I wouldn't trust them. They don't even offer a street address to contact
    >>>them How do we know they are in NZ. The phone number could redirect to
    >>>anywhere in the world.

    >> 1. Please don't top-post.

    >Please don't bottom post. I am sick of scrolling down to read
    >boring crap added to the end of unsnipped posts.

    A: To get to the other side.
    Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 7, 2005