    replicate Active Directory so there really aren't any
    backup DCs. Am I safe in saying this?

    Thanks!

    scott, Jan 20, 2004

  2. scott

    MSGuru Guest

    You are not safe if you are lving on earth.

    TEST MESSAGE.

    MSGuru, Jan 20, 2004

  3. scott

    scott Guest

    that doesn't answer the question.

    scott, Jan 20, 2004
  4. scott

    Guest Guest

    Correct, there's no BDCs in a native windows 2000 or 2003 domain.

    Guest, Jan 20, 2004
  5. scott

    i Forgot Guest

    Oh damn, that piece of information just filled up my hard disk and made me
    forget how to subnet!

    i Forgot, Jan 20, 2004
  6. scott

    Sam Guest

    In either natvie mode or mixed mode there are no PDC'S or
    BDC'S if W2K Server is the domain controller.

    Sam, Jan 22, 2004
  7. scott

    Guest Guest

    You better check on that... In mixed mode you still have
    BDC's if you used NT 4.0 as another domain controller.

    Guest, Jan 23, 2004
  8. scott

    Wolfgang Guest

    Yes there is now no primary or backup domain controllers
    in 2000 or 2003 as the AD is a live database, with
    replication running to ensure updates to each Domain
    controller in the network, But there a roles that each
    server has ie: global catalog,BDC emulator and others
    that should asigned to different controller for
    performance and recovery issues.

    Wolfgang, Jan 26, 2004
  9. scott

    Darrick West Guest

    He explicitly asked about a W2K, or W2K3 *native* mode domain - that means
    no pre-Windows 2000 OSes on the network.

    Darrick West, Feb 3, 2004