    Properties.

    Can someone give me a few pointers?

    TIA

    elziko, Nov 1, 2006

  2. elziko

    Frankster Guest

    You are right. And wise for asking first.

    Usually the remark goes more like this... "OMG, I removed my company
    provided laptop from my work domain and now I can't logon because I don't
    know the local administer password." And... "I can't change it back to
    domain either. Help!".

    Anyway, the only way you can switch back and forth between a domain and a
    local workgroup account is to have the Administrator passwords for BOTH.

    -Frank

    Frankster, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Configuring a Laptop (or any computer) to connect to more than one Network,
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#fewtcp-ip
    http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 1, 2006
  4. elziko

    elziko Guest

    Frankster wrote:
    > Anyway, the only way you can switch back and forth between a domain
    > and a local workgroup account is to have the Administrator passwords
    > for BOTH.

    Yes, I have the administritive passwords for both that /is/ something I can
    do. So there's no other option apart from leaving the domain and joining the
    workgroup and vice versa? Is there any 3rd party software that will do this
    automatically?

    elziko, Nov 1, 2006
  5. elziko

    elziko Guest

    Actually maybe I'm asking the wrong question? All I want to do is access one
    of the shared folders on one of the machines on my Workgroup at home.

    Should this be possible without actually leaving the domain?

    The reason I ask this is because at work, when I look in Network
    Connections>Entire Network I can see our work's domain and a workgroup. When
    connected via wireless at home I only see the domain (which I'm obviously no
    longer connected to).

    TIA

    elziko, Nov 1, 2006