    locked out. I have checked the passwords to all the services that use this
    account. Does anyone know how i can prevent my Domain admin account from
    getting locked out.

    =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=, Aug 22, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    >>Did you see what IT-MONEY () graced
    us with in ?<<
    > I changed the domain admin account's password (reset it) and
    > everytime i log onto a server using this account it say account has
    > been locked out. I can use it to log onto server for maybe 5 to 6
    > times and then the account get locked out. I have checked the
    > passwords to all the services that use this account. Does anyone know
    > how i can prevent my Domain admin account from getting locked out.

    Yes....raise your FICO Score....that will solve all your problems.
    --
    BD
    MCNGP #51

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 22, 2006

  3. Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    BD you got me, i deserved that but seriously i need to solve this problem
    before this situation bites me in the butt

    =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=, Aug 22, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    >>Did you see what IT-MONEY () graced
    us with in ?<<
    > BD you got me, i deserved that but seriously i need to solve this
    > problem before this situation bites me in the butt

    Sounds to me like your FICO score has screwed you in the butt. All the money in
    the world isn't helping you now, is it?

    I would check the account lockout policies in the Domain and Domain Controller
    Security Policies.

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 22, 2006
  5. Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=, Aug 22, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    >>Did you see what IT-MONEY () graced
    us with in ?<<

    >> thanks for the help i will let you know how it goes, but the thing
    >> is noone noone is typing in the wrong password so the account should
    >> not be getting locked out

    That's fine, but if you can log into the computer with that account, then it
    mysteriously locks you out (even though you're inputting the correct password)
    then it sounds like a security policy. Have you tried changing the password
    back to the old one to see if maybe it's not allowing a weaker password and that
    the 5 or 6 logins aren't just cached?

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 22, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:17:44 -0700, BD [MCNGP] cast into the ether:

    > That's fine, but if you can log into the computer with that account, then it
    > mysteriously locks you out (even though you're inputting the correct password)
    > then it sounds like a security policy. Have you tried changing the password
    > back to the old one to see if maybe it's not allowing a weaker password and that
    > the 5 or 6 logins aren't just cached?

    Or maybe he's got it set to expire after $time?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Aug 23, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    >>Did you see what JaR () graced us with in
    ?<<
    > On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:17:44 -0700, BD [MCNGP] cast into the ether:
    >
    >> That's fine, but if you can log into the computer with that account,
    >> then it mysteriously locks you out (even though you're inputting the
    >> correct password) then it sounds like a security policy. Have you
    >> tried changing the password back to the old one to see if maybe it's
    >> not allowing a weaker password and that the 5 or 6 logins aren't
    >> just cached?

    > Or maybe he's got it set to expire after $time?

    Nah....he couldn't be that stupid.....could he?

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 23, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    lowdes Guest

    Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    Naw he has got something running like a sciprt that is using the old
    password and has no clue about it.

    lowdes, Aug 23, 2006
  10. Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    "lowdes" <> wrote in message
    > Naw he has got something running like a sciprt that is using the old
    > password and has no clue about it.

    Or a script kiddy

    Jonathan Roberts, Aug 23, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    lowdes Guest

    Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    No one ever said IT folks have to have good grammar or spell correctly.

    lowdes, Aug 23, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    >>Did you see what lowdes () graced us with in
    8M_Gg.69406$-kc.rr.com?<<
    > No one ever said IT folks have to have good grammar or spell
    > correctly.

    I shureashell did two say it!

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 23, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    lowdes wrote:

    > No one ever said IT folks have to have good grammar or spell correctly.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! That was funny !

    If ya still didn't get it, see
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_kiddies>

    Cerebrus, Aug 23, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:41:21 -0700, BD [MCNGP] cast into the ether:

    >> Or maybe he's got it set to expire after $time?
    >>

    > Nah....he couldn't be that stupid.....could he?

    Sure he could!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Aug 23, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    >>Did you see what JaR () graced us with in
    ?<<
    > On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:41:21 -0700, BD [MCNGP] cast into the ether:
    >
    >>> Or maybe he's got it set to expire after $time?
    >>>

    >> Nah....he couldn't be that stupid.....could he?

    > Sure he could!

    lol...yeah, I suppose so.

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 23, 2006
  16. Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    I went through every service on my server that uses the domain admin password
    and made sure it has the new address. Went through my security policy made
    sure everything was setup correctly. Am pretty sure i covered everything i
    havent had the account get locked out today not sure if it fixed or it might
    happen , thanks for the tips guys.

    =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=, Aug 23, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?=

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Re: Domain Admin Account Keeps getting locked out after changing P

    >>Did you see what IT-MONEY () graced
    us with in ?<<
    > I went through every service on my server that uses the domain admin
    > password and made sure it has the new address. Went through my
    > security policy made sure everything was setup correctly. Am pretty
    > sure i covered everything i havent had the account get locked out
    > today not sure if it fixed or it might happen , thanks for the tips
    > guys.

    Did you try my other suggestion? Or did it miraculously fix itself?

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 23, 2006