    hell was so bad between Miramax and Smith that he could not even
    mention the titles of their other films? Also where is that Docu that
    they say is on the DVD that unless it's an easter egg I can not find.

    Josh, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Josh

    DanRydell Guest

    (Josh) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I have had the DVD since it came out and I just got around to
    > listening to the commentary tracks and what the **** is up with all of
    > the bleeping? I know about the fallout with Miramax and I assume that
    > is the film company that keeps getting bleeped but they even bleeped
    > peoples names and once or twice the names of other films, what the
    > hell was so bad between Miramax and Smith that he could not even
    > mention the titles of their other films?

    Because Miramax has distanced themself from the film (due to the
    protesters, not anything Smith did) and doesn't want to be associated
    with it. IIRC, Smith and Miramax are still on good terms: they went
    on to release J&SBSB (through Dimension) and (I think) are the
    distributers for Jersey Girl.

    > Also where is that Docu that
    > they say is on the DVD that unless it's an easter egg I can not find.

    It's not on the Dogma DVD, it eventually got slapped onto another View
    Askew title (from one of his acolytes, NOT one of Smith's films).
    Check the Askew website to find out which one.

    DanRydell, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Josh

    Shinner Guest

    (DanRydell) wrote in

    > It's not on the Dogma DVD, it eventually got slapped onto another View
    > Askew title (from one of his acolytes, NOT one of Smith's films).
    > Check the Askew website to find out which one.

    "Vulgar"

    Shinner, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Josh wrote:
    > I have had the DVD since it came out and I just got around to
    > listening to the commentary tracks and what the **** is up with all of
    > the bleeping?

    Smith et al said some less than complementary things about Linda
    Fiorentino; obviously Columbia thought that they were defamatory and/or
    wanted to work with Ms Fiorentino again, so had them censored.

    I know about the fallout with Miramax and I assume that
    > is the film company that keeps getting bleeped but they even bleeped
    > peoples names and once or twice the names of other films, what the
    > hell was so bad between Miramax and Smith that he could not even
    > mention the titles of their other films? Also where is that Docu that
    > they say is on the DVD that unless it's an easter egg I can not find.

    It was also removed from the DVD by Columbia due to its content. It is
    to be found on the DVD of a dreadful, dreadful movie about some
    alcoholic clown, made by one of Smith's legion of talentless fanboys,
    released by Lion's Gate. It was so awful I've wiped its name clear from
    my memory.

    Tallulah Blanket, Dec 1, 2003