    My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).

    Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?
    Zen Cohen, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Zen Cohen

    Mark² Guest

    "Zen Cohen" <> wrote in message
    news:LAgBe.141060$...
    > Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
    >
    > My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    > sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
    >
    > Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    I have two brother and sister dogs...
    Bubba and Beans...

    -Fit their personalities perfectly.
    Mark², Jul 13, 2005

  3. Zen Cohen

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Jul 13, 2005
  4. Zen Cohen

    Sheldon Guest

    "Zen Cohen" <> wrote in message
    > Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
    >
    > My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    > sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
    >
    > Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    Better name if you're into jazz -- Miles. Also easier to yell out the door
    when they get away. Very important. A golden will follow anybody anywhere.
    Sheldon, Jul 13, 2005
  5. Zen Cohen

    Zen Cohen Guest

    "Zen Cohen" <> wrote in message
    > Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
    >
    > My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    > sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
    >
    > Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    Thanks for the suggestions and, oops, sorry for the mis-post. This was
    supposed to go in rec.pets.dogs.breeds, which is right next to
    rec.photo.digital on my newsreader.
    Zen Cohen, Jul 14, 2005
  6. Zen Cohen

    Robert Barr Guest

    > Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    Kodak?

    Robert Barr, Jul 14, 2005
  7. "Robert Barr" <> wrote in message

    >> Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    > Kodak?

    I personally like *ist. Not sure how to pronounce it but it looks cool.

    --

    Rob
    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Jul 14, 2005
  8. Zen Cohen

    Frank ess Guest

    Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:
    > "Robert Barr" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    >> Kodak?
    >>

    > I personally like *ist. Not sure how to pronounce it but it looks
    > cool.

    Looks like a pucker. So, "Pist". Very good name for a dog.
    Frank ess, Jul 14, 2005
  9. Zen Cohen

    Ralph Guest

    Call it Stupid.
    I worked at a roadhouse years ago that had a cat named Stupid.
    "Come here Stupid" yelled at the top of your voice, to stop the cat being
    run over, used to get a lot of strange looks from the customers.

    --
    remove n u m b e r s to reply

    Ralph, Jul 14, 2005
  10. Zen Cohen

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:28:59 GMT, Zen Cohen wrote:

    > Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
    >
    > My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    > sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
    >
    > Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    I like his music, but if golden retrievers are anything like Labs,
    their personalities would be would be much more like Dizzy
    Gillespie, aka Diz, also a good name for a dog. Full of energy,
    ebullient, happy, loyal, etc.
    ASAAR, Jul 14, 2005
  11. Zen Cohen

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:52:52 -0600, Sheldon wrote:

    > Better name if you're into jazz -- Miles. Also easier to yell out the door
    > when they get away. Very important. A golden will follow anybody anywhere.

    Why better? Miles followed nobody but his own muse. Now if the
    dog is smart and talented, but tends to pay little attention to
    commands, and isn't a "happy to see you" kind of dog, then maybe
    Miles would be perfect.

    If you think you might like reading about a black Lab that would
    follow anybody anywhere, check out Hiaasen's "Sick Puppy".
    ASAAR, Jul 14, 2005
  12. Zen Cohen

    Plonker Guest

    "Zen Cohen" <> wrote in message
    > Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
    >
    > My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    > sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
    >
    > Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    Nikon? Canon?
    Plonker, Jul 14, 2005
  13. Zen Cohen

    SVTKate Guest

    "Plonker" <> wrote
    : > Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?
    : Nikon? Canon?
    :

    Flash ?
    SVTKate, Jul 14, 2005
  14. Zen Cohen

    SVTKate Guest

    "Zen Cohen" <> wrote in message
    : Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
    :
    : My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    : sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
    :
    : Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?
    :
    Hey :)

    It has been my experience that no matter what name I have chosen for a dog,
    they always find a way to let you know what their name should be.
    The will do something that will cause you to start calling them a certain
    name.

    You could name the dog Fido, and the next thing you know you are calling it
    Piddles all the time instead.

    Give the little thing time it will let you know it's name :)

    Kate
    SVTKate, Jul 14, 2005
  15. Zen Cohen

    Stewy Guest

    In article <LAgBe.141060$>,
    "Zen Cohen" <> wrote:

    > Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
    >
    > My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    > sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
    >
    > Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    Nipper! Cos he's small!
    Stewy, Jul 14, 2005
  16. Zen Cohen

    George Kerby Guest

    On 7/13/05 5:28 PM, in article LAgBe.141060$,
    "Zen Cohen" <> wrote:

    > Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
    >
    > My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    > sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
    >
    > Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    Steve Martin: "What is it, Shithead? Is it a fire, Shithead? Good boy,
    Shithead!"
    I always loved that name...

    George Kerby, Jul 14, 2005
  17. Zen Cohen

    SVTKate Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote
    : >
    : Steve Martin: "What is it, Shithead? Is it a fire, Shithead? Good boy,
    : Shithead!"
    : I always loved that name...
    :

    Along with:
    "The new pohone books are here! The new phone books are here!"
    SVTKate, Jul 14, 2005
  18. Zen Cohen

    Bob Guest

    "SVTKate" <> wrote in message

    > "Zen Cohen" <> wrote in message
    > : Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
    > :
    > : My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    > : sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
    > :
    > : Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?
    > :
    > Hey :)
    >
    > It has been my experience that no matter what name I have chosen for a
    > dog,
    > they always find a way to let you know what their name should be.
    > The will do something that will cause you to start calling them a certain
    > name.
    >
    > You could name the dog Fido, and the next thing you know you are calling
    > it
    > Piddles all the time instead.
    >
    > Give the little thing time it will let you know it's name :)
    >

    > Kate

    SVT Kate? Hello there.

    I encountered a dog whose name, when sounded out was, "DeeOhJhee". However,
    it was spelled "Dog". It cracked me up when its owner spelled its name.

    Bob
    (several digital cameras and one '03 Cobra coupe)
    Bob, Jul 15, 2005
  19. Zen Cohen

    SVTKate Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote i

    :
    : SVT Kate? Hello there.
    :
    : I encountered a dog whose name, when sounded out was, "DeeOhJhee".
    However,
    : it was spelled "Dog". It cracked me up when its owner spelled its name.
    :
    : Bob
    : (several digital cameras and one '03 Cobra coupe)

    Hi Ya Bob!
    Nicetameetcha!

    We used to call our little black lab (Her name was Pepper) Dee Oh Gee
    It started because we would spell it so she wouldn't know who we were
    talking about.

    Oh how funny!
    Thanks for the grin :)

    Kate
    (only one E10 and one ol 98 Cobra Drop Top - you lucky SOB ... an 03!!)
    SVTKate, Jul 16, 2005
  20. Zen Cohen

    Jer Guest

    Zen Cohen wrote:
    > Got a new male golden retriever puppy and trying to settle on a name.
    >
    > My favorite name so far: Mingus (After the jazz musician, and because it
    > sounds kinda like a dog name; also, Gus for short).
    >
    > Whaddaya think? Other suggestions?

    Phydough. There is no equal.

    --
    jer