    Has some useful Windows and Palm OS software for depth of field. Best part
    is that it is free.

    BTW, anybody know of other useful software for the Palm OS? Thanks.
    Charles Schuler, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Charles Schuler

    Guest Guest

    how would you use the resulting chart?

    Guest, Nov 10, 2003

  3. <> wrote in message
    > how would you use the resulting chart?

    To set up shots so that I get what I want the first time. For example, say
    I want to shoot a bird with my zoom lens set at 200 mm and plan to be 30'
    away. I can determine that the DOF is about 8 inches at f/32 and only about
    an inch at f/5.6. Assuming that is too shallow, I can set the camera to
    aperture priority and f/32 (assuming lots of light). As I gain experience,
    I won't need the charts or the Palm program any more. My skills are rusty,
    but they are coming back.
    Charles Schuler, Nov 10, 2003