Doesd anybody Know!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Open a DOS box and type:

    dir /b /on >dir.txt

    You will now have a text file called dir.txt, sorted in
    name order, in the folder.

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:12:38 -0700, in
    <3efef3f3$0$23128$>
    Big Duke scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 29, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    Rover Guest

    What operating system?

    From a DOS promt (start|run|command (or cmd) cd to the directory you
    want to list (cd c:\anyDirectory} and type "dir >lpt1" (no quotes
    please) and it SHOULD print to your default printer.

    Rover, Jun 29, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    By the way, please adjust your clock/time zone. You
    are posting from the future.

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:12:38 -0700, in
    <3efef3f3$0$23128$>
    Big Duke scrawled:

    >Does anyone know of a program for printing out directories?
    >
    >Thanx in advance for any help Guys

    --
    Hello.

    Could you please adjust your Time Zone settings?
    You are posting from the future.

    For Windows :
    1. Double click the time in the lower right corner of the system tray.
    2. In the dialog box that pops up select the *Time Zone* tab.
    3. Use the drop down menu to select the correct entry for "your" TIME
    ZONE.
    Check "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes
    4. Also, Check the box marked Daylight Savings Time.
    5. Then click OK to save it.

    ~Further information at the site below.~
    http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

    Thank You Very Much :)

    P.S. It does not matter if you are living on the far side of the moon.
    Your computer clock/date/time zone is incorrect.
    °Mike°, Jun 29, 2003
  4. °Mike°

    Kenny Guest

    Karen's Directory Printer, free from:
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jun 29, 2003
  5. °Mike°

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    Errrrr...erm... Big Duke said:

    > I am posting from the future Australia is the A!*>@*|= end of the clock mate

    Your timezone needs to be corrected.

    Brian H¹©, Jun 29, 2003
  6. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    I don't care if you're posting from the moon. All posts
    are synchronised to local time, right across the world.
    Your Time Zone is incorrect. Double click the clock in
    your system tray and select the correct *Time Zone*.

    Your post shows up here as 06:36 on Mon 30 June. It is
    STILL Sunday 29th, at 15:45hrs.

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:36:21 -0700, in
    <3efef981$0$23127$>
    Big Duke scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jun 29, 2003
  7. °Mike°

    Rover Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    Brian:
    Read up on time zones and the way the world turns. Its June 30 Monday
    morning 12:52 AM in Melbourne, Australia.

    Rover, Jun 29, 2003
  8. °Mike°

    Rover Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    Sorry - problem now understood

    Rover, Jun 29, 2003
  9. °Mike°

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    Errrrr...erm... Rover said:

    > Brian:
    > Read up on time zones and the way the world turns. Its June 30 Monday
    > morning 12:52 AM in Melbourne, Australia.

    I know all about that thanks, *your* time zone is set up ok, as *your* post
    shows as being sent 29/06/2003 at 15:53
    The other guys post shows up incorrectly.

    Brian H¹©, Jun 29, 2003
  10. °Mike°

    Slumpy Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Big Duke continued:

    > I am posting from the future Australia is the A!*>@*|= end of the
    > clock mate

    When you are told you are doing something wrong, it is best to check your
    position *before* leaping into abuse-mode.
    http://uk.geocities.com/slumpy_uk/clock
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jun 29, 2003
  11. °Mike°

    Slumpy Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rover continued:

    > Brian:
    > Read up on time zones and the way the world turns. Its June 30 Monday
    > morning 12:52 AM in Melbourne, Australia.

    Drop the sarcastic tone. You are on dodgy ground.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jun 29, 2003
  12. °Mike°

    paul s Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    Big Duke wrote:

    > I am posting from the future Australia is the A!*>@*|= end of the clock
    > mate

    Its a good job you dont work for Qantas.
    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jun 29, 2003
  13. °Mike°

    Jimchip Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:53:27 -0400, Rover wrote:
    > Brian:
    > Read up on time zones and the way the world turns. Its June 30 Monday
    > morning 12:52 AM in Melbourne, Australia.

    His date reads:
    Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:36:21 -0700

    Meaning, no matter how you and he think his clock is set, his timezone is
    set at the Microsoft default PST.

    So, "Read up on time zones and the way the world turns".
    [snip]

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)
    Jimchip, Jun 29, 2003
  14. °Mike°

    sqr Guest

    Start|Run|cmd.exe, then type in "dir /s" and press enter, that'll spit
    out all of whatever drive you are on if you are on that drives root
    folder (ie. c:\). If you want it in a file then "dir /s >
    c:\listing.txt" will do the trick. Problem with dir /s is it includes
    all the details to, not just a summary like "du" can do with cygwin/*nix.

    --
    sqr
    Overseer: alt.os.windows-xp

    sqr, Jun 29, 2003
  15. °Mike°

    John Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:26:36 -0500, Mara
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:36:21 -0700, Big Duke wrote:
    >
    >>I am posting from the future Australia is the A!*>@*|= end of the clock mate

    >It doesn't make any difference where in the world you are - your system
    >time/timezone settings are incorrect.
    >
    >"Please fix them."

    If it's his computer, not yours, who are you to tell him what to do
    with it? If he wants his time settings to be wrong, that's his
    business, not yours.
    John, Jun 29, 2003
  16. °Mike°

    Buffalo Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    "John" > On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:26:36 -0500, Mara

    > If it's his computer, not yours, who are you to tell him what to do
    > with it? If he wants his time settings to be wrong, that's his
    > business, not yours.

    Two things John,
    1) If you want to receive a lot of spam, keep posting your email addy in
    NewsGroups which are constantly scanned by robot type programs so that
    posted addys can be harvested for spammers.
    2) If the computer time is set to the future, it may remain in the NG for
    years. I don't think anyone would have much of a problem if "his' clock was
    set in the 'past'.
    See, it's not just his business.
    Buffalo, Jun 29, 2003
  17. °Mike°

    trout Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    Mara wrote:

    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:33:04 -0700, John wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:26:36 -0500, Mara
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> It doesn't make any difference where in the world you are - your
    >>> system time/timezone settings are incorrect.
    >>>
    >>> "Please fix them."

    >> If it's his computer, not yours, who are you to tell him what to do
    >> with it? If he wants his time settings to be wrong, that's his
    >> business, not yours.

    > Were you born stupid, or did you have to train for it?
    >
    > "Never mind. Stupid is as stupid posts - and your post was a perfect
    > example. Geez, I didn't know Eddiot had a clone...."

    The cause of the Right to Appear to be Deliberately Stupid never
    has a shortage of champions.
    --
    "Fortunately, 'trampling' accidents weed-out a large number."
    trout, Jun 29, 2003
  18. Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:26:36
    -0500, Mara uttered this:

    >On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:36:21 -0700, Big Duke wrote:
    >
    >>I am posting from the future Australia is the A!*>@*|= end of the clock mate

    >It doesn't make any difference where in the world you are - your system
    >time/timezone settings are incorrect.
    >
    >"Please fix them."
    >
    ><snip>

    He's shown up here, as posting at 6:12, 6:36 & 6:56 AM on June 30th!!!

    "I deleted them, & now everything's back to normal"
    --
    Penguins are our friends. :)
    Linux user #305646.
    William Poaster, Jun 29, 2003
  19. °Mike°

    Jimchip Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:33:04 -0700, John wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:26:36 -0500, Mara
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:36:21 -0700, Big Duke wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am posting from the future Australia is the A!*>@*|= end of the clock mate

    >>It doesn't make any difference where in the world you are - your system
    >>time/timezone settings are incorrect.
    >>
    >>"Please fix them."

    > If it's his computer, not yours, who are you to tell him what to do
    > with it? If he wants his time settings to be wrong, that's his
    > business, not yours.

    Telling someone to fix their clock is just friendly advice. If they don't
    then many will simply killfile them in order to get rid of the post that's
    out of order.

    --
    You, on the other hand, have been killfiled because I predict nothing but
    stupidity will ever appear From: you
    Jimchip, Jun 29, 2003
  20. °Mike°

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Re: Does anybody Know!!!

    Errrrr...erm... John said:

    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:03:05 GMT, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@xyz.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> 1) If you want to receive a lot of spam, keep posting your email addy in
    >> NewsGroups which are constantly scanned by robot type programs so that
    >> posted addys can be harvested for spammers.

    > Did you ever stop to think that the addie I use here is a throw away
    > email address that I use as a SPAM catcher?
    >
    > I would never post my POP3 email address here. In fact, I made a gif
    > file to display my POP3 addie on my web site so that the robots can't
    > pick it up there. But if I want to use a throw away Yahoo addie in
    > here, that's my choice.

    There's no helping some people.
    Byeeeeeeeee

    <*PLONK*>