  1. I have XP Pro x64 w/SP1, do I need SP2?
    --
    Jesus is Lord

    =?Utf-8?B?TEFPRkE=?=, Jul 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TEFPRkE=?=

    nospam Guest

    "LAOFA" <> wrote in message

    > I have XP Pro x64 w/SP1, do I need SP2?
    > --
    > Jesus is Lord

    Absolutely!

    nospam, Jul 4, 2005

  3. No. The x64 Edition is on a different service pack timeline. The current and
    only version is at Service Pack 1 level, since it is based on the Windows
    Server 2003 SP1 code base.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 4, 2005
  4. wrong. SP1 is the release level of XP Professional x64 Edition. There is no
    later service pack for it.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 4, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TEFPRkE=?=

    Rick Guest

    nospam wrote:
    > "LAOFA" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>I have XP Pro x64 w/SP1, do I need SP2?
    >>--
    >>Jesus is Lord

    > Absolutely!

    There is no SP2 for Windows x64!

    Rick, Jul 4, 2005
  6. Thanks, I'm new at this, I just purchased a new compu, after giving up my PII
    255MMX. Well I needed help my terapist was very helpful, althought I 'still
    keep it next to my new compu. I don't know why but it was hard. LOL

    =?Utf-8?B?TEFPRkE=?=, Jul 4, 2005
  7. LAOFA wrote:
    > I have XP Pro x64 w/SP1, do I need SP2?

    There is no SP2 for WinXPx64, yet. When it becomes necessary and
    available, however, it would probably be a good idea to install it.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Jul 4, 2005
  8. The SP2 Technologies are already included with the SP1 integrated with XP
    Pro x64, reason include it is built off the Server 2003 SP1 code base which
    also uses the technologies from XP SP2.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 4, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TEFPRkE=?=

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    No, you don't need Service Pack 2, because Windows XP X64 Edition is based
    on the Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 line of code (Service Packs for
    Windows XP X64 Edition will be released at the same time that future Service
    Packs for Windows Server 2003 are released).

    Kevin Panzke, Jul 5, 2005
  10. Thank you, very helpful.

    =?Utf-8?B?TEFPRkE=?=, Jul 5, 2005