Does XP Home Editon allow receive fax via standard home phoneline? Move the topic up.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by CJ, Oct 15, 2006.

  1. CJ

    CJ Guest

    Thanks. I have Conevant SoftK56 Data Fax Modem. I have Win XP Home
    Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2. Does it has built in fax software?
    If not, other software suggested?

    BTW, I have a Brother MFC 3100 Fax, Print 5 in 1 machine, but its
    printer broke down 5 times in 3 years. I can still fax out. It cannot
    receive fax.

    CJ, Oct 15, 2006

  2. Yes, it does has it.....I use it every once in a while to send faxes....it
    also receive it too.

    Julio Acevedo, Oct 16, 2006

  3. CJ

    Monica Guest

    yes it does. If you don't see it listed under Control Panel/Printers and
    Faxes, you might have to use your XP CD to install it via Control Panel/Add
    or Remove Programs/Add or Remove Windows Components. Not a lot of extras
    like some fax software has but it gets the job done.
    Monica

    Monica, Oct 16, 2006