    I was wondering if XP has QBasic withthe program. I no you
    can get it with DOS 5.0 or higher but where can Iget it if
    Iam running XP Home Edition. Please help.
    troy, Jan 24, 2004

  2. troy

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Not trying to be rude here...
    But you are in MCSD newsgroup !!!!

    just curious.. did not know that people still used QBasic...
    oh well if it was a part of DOS... maybe you should consider installing
    DOS...
    could even try your luck with Windows 95.

    Alternatively you could look up google for QBasic interpreters !!!

    --
    Regards,
    HD
    Hermit Dave, Jan 24, 2004

  3. troy

    Schfooge Guest

    "troy" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if XP has QBasic withthe program. I no you
    > can get it with DOS 5.0 or higher but where can Iget it if
    > Iam running XP Home Edition. Please help.

    Go to:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;135315

    There's a whole bunch of ldownloads at the bottom of the page.
    Look for the download for olddos.exe - click on it to download.
    (it's a whopping 836kb).

    Once downloaded, make sure you have olddos.exe in an empty
    folder. Double click to run it. Running it expands a bunch of old
    dos utilities into the folder. Among these are QBASIC.EXE and
    QBASIC.HLP, the 2 files you need to run QBasic.

    Double-click QBASIC.EXE to run QBasic in a DOS window.

    If you need any help with QBasic, www.qbasic.com is a good resource.

    Hope this helps.
    Schfooge, Jan 24, 2004
  4. troy

    troy Guest

    Schfooge,

    That was just what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

    troy, Jan 24, 2004
  5. >There's a whole bunch of ldownloads at the bottom of the page.
    >Look for the download for olddos.exe - click on it to download.
    >(it's a whopping 836kb).

    lol! My God, I've need another T3 link to download that lot!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 27, 2004
  6. troy

    me Guest

    us;135315

    me, Feb 4, 2004