    And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..

    I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly Total
    Crap..
    Mary Hanna, Dec 28, 2009

  2. Mary Hanna

    EMB Guest

    Mary Hanna wrote:

    > Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
    >
    > And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
    >
    > I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly Total
    > Crap..

    You're a lazy, trolling, senile, obnoxious old **** Woger, but I'll
    still do you the favour of a real answer.

    http://tinyurl.com/ycbsags
    EMB, Dec 28, 2009

  3. Mary Hanna

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
    > Mary Hanna wrote:
    >>
    >> Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
    >>
    >> And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
    >>
    >> I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours
    >> utterly Total Crap..
    >>

    > You're a lazy, trolling, senile, obnoxious old **** Woger, but I'll
    > still do you the favour of a real answer.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ycbsags

    LOL! Don't hold back mate, tell him what you really think!

    ;-)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 28, 2009
  4. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:06:57 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
    >
    >And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
    >
    >I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly Total
    >Crap..

    Since I don't use OE for anything, let alone Usenet, I can't possibly
    comment.
    Donchano, Dec 28, 2009
  5. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:54:19 +1300, Donchano wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:06:57 +1300, Mary Hanna <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >

    >>Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
    >>
    >>And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
    >>
    >>I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly
    >>Total Crap..

    > Since I don't use OE for anything, let alone Usenet, I can't possibly
    > comment.

    And besides that, why should an OS support NNTP? Isn't that an application level thing?

    Carnations, Dec 28, 2009
  6. Mary Hanna

    trueone Guest

    "Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message

    > Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
    >
    > And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
    >
    > I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly
    > Total
    > Crap..

    Windows Live Mail does support usenet. I use it on a computer that came
    with windows 7. I like Windows Live Mail but didnt like Windows Live
    Hotmail.
    trueone, Dec 28, 2009
  7. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:27:29 +1300, "geoff" <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Donchano wrote:
    >

    >> Since I don't use OE for anything, let alone Usenet, I can't possibly
    >> comment.

    >Um, what do you think you are posting on ? Google Groups or something ?
    >
    >geoff

    If you used a decent newsreader instead of a POS like OE you wouldn't
    have to ask that question and be able to see that I'm using Forté
    Agent 5x - which is a decent newsreader.
    Donchano, Dec 28, 2009
  8. Mary Hanna

    Enkidu Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:27:29 +1300, "geoff" <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> Donchano wrote:
    >>
    >>> Since I don't use OE for anything, let alone Usenet, I can't possibly
    >>> comment.

    >> Um, what do you think you are posting on ? Google Groups or something ?
    >>
    >> geoff

    > If you used a decent newsreader instead of a POS like OE you wouldn't
    > have to ask that question and be able to see that I'm using Forté
    > Agent 5x - which is a decent newsreader.

    Yeah, the 'news' that it reads is collectively known as 'Usenet'.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 28, 2009
  9. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:14:50 +1300, Enkidu <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Donchano wrote:
    >> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:27:29 +1300, "geoff" <>
    >> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>> Um, what do you think you are posting on ? Google Groups or something ?
    >>>
    >>> geoff

    >> If you used a decent newsreader instead of a POS like OE you wouldn't
    >> have to ask that question and be able to see that I'm using Forté
    >> Agent 5x - which is a decent newsreader.
    > >

    >Yeah, the 'news' that it reads is collectively known as 'Usenet'.
    >
    >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

    I'm at a loss to know why you're bothering to tell me this since my
    first post makes it abundenly clear that I'm already aware of what
    Usenet is and that my resply made it clear that I already use a proper
    newsreader for Usenet rather than a mail client like OE or a browser &
    Google Groups.
    Donchano, Dec 28, 2009
  10. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:45:02 +1300, "geoff" <> wrote:

    >Donchano wrote:
    >> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:27:29 +1300, "geoff" <>
    >> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>> Um, what do you think you are posting on ? Google Groups or
    >>> something ?
    >>>
    >>> geoff

    >> If you used a decent newsreader instead of a POS like OE you wouldn't
    >> have to ask that question and be able to see that I'm using Forté
    >> Agent 5x - which is a decent newsreader.

    >And Forte Agent posts to, um, USENET, or somewhere else ?
    >
    >I can see that from OE. Tried Forte, and pretty much all the others, and
    >they all miss the boat somewhere along the line, for me. I use OE through
    >CHOICE !
    >
    >geoff

    OE is crap Newreader, May be Agent was over you head..?

    May be u missed the Boat.
    Mary Hanna, Dec 29, 2009
  11. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 12:42:58 +1300, Crash <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:39:01 +1300, Donchano
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:14:50 +1300, Enkidu <>
    >>shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>>Yeah, the 'news' that it reads is collectively known as 'Usenet'.
    >>>
    >>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

    >>I'm at a loss to know why you're bothering to tell me this since my
    >>first post makes it abundenly clear that I'm already aware of what
    >>Usenet is and that my resply made it clear that I already use a proper
    >>newsreader for Usenet rather than a mail client like OE or a browser &
    >>Google Groups.

    >Don, one of your posts was:
    >
    >"Since I don't use OE for anything, let alone Usenet, I can't possibly
    >comment."
    >
    >Perhaps that was what prompted Enkido's response ;-)

    Perhaps Enkido should learn to read and interpret English. ;-)

    Let me repeat: I do NOT use OE for *anything* - let alone USENET. And
    if Enkido was using a decent newsreader instead of OE he/she/it would
    have known that I was using a proper Usenet newsreader instead of a
    piece of shit like Outlook Express.
    Donchano, Dec 29, 2009
  12. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:45:02 +1300, "geoff" <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Donchano wrote:
    >> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:27:29 +1300, "geoff" <>
    >> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>> Um, what do you think you are posting on ? Google Groups or
    >>> something ?
    >>>
    >>> geoff

    >> If you used a decent newsreader instead of a POS like OE you wouldn't
    >> have to ask that question and be able to see that I'm using Forté
    >> Agent 5x - which is a decent newsreader.

    >And Forte Agent posts to, um, USENET, or somewhere else ?

    Of course it does. Why would you think otherwise? If you read my
    original post you'll see that I wrote that "I don't use OE for
    anything, let alone Usenet." That's because OE is a crap newsreader
    and a crap mail client.

    >I can see that from OE. Tried Forte, and pretty much all the others, and
    >they all miss the boat somewhere along the line, for me. I use OE through
    >CHOICE !

    More likely through ignorance ...

    --

    Ignorance is the coin of the masses ... and some are richer than others.
    Donchano, Dec 29, 2009
  13. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:06:47 +1300, "geoff" <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Mary Hanna wrote:
    >

    >> OE is crap Newreader, May be Agent was over you head..?
    >>
    >> May be u missed the Boat.

    >Maybe. But if that's your opinion then it's a strong argument for the
    >contrary, cos you are totally in outer space with most of your opninions on
    >pretty much everything.

    OE is not only a crap newsreader, it's a crap mail client as well -
    especially when compared to something like Mozilla Thunderbird. But it
    does suit some people, simply because they don't know any better and
    aren't willing to admit it.
    --

    Ignorance is the coin of the masses ... and some are richer than others.
    Donchano, Dec 29, 2009
  14. Mary Hanna

    Max Burke Guest

    On 30/12/2009 10:46 a.m., geoff wrote:
    >> Donchano wrote:
    >> Of course it does. Why would you think otherwise? If you read my
    >> original post you'll see that I wrote that "I don't use OE for
    >> anything, let alone Usenet." That's because OE is a crap newsreader
    >> and a crap mail client.

    > What ytou wrote seems to have been understood by some of us in the
    > connotation:

    > ie- " don't use OE for anything" AND "(I don't use) Usenet for anything".
    > All clear now.

    Shouldn't that have been 'seems to have been *MISUNDERSTOOD* by some of
    us...'

    --

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Dec 29, 2009
  15. Mary Hanna

    Donchano Guest

    On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:46:08 +1300, "geoff" <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >Donchano wrote:
    >
    >> Of course it does. Why would you think otherwise? If you read my
    >> original post you'll see that I wrote that "I don't use OE for
    >> anything, let alone Usenet." That's because OE is a crap newsreader
    >> and a crap mail client.
    >>
    >>> I can see that from OE. Tried Forte, and pretty much all the others,
    >>> and they all miss the boat somewhere along the line, for me. I use
    >>> OE through CHOICE !

    >> More likely through ignorance ...

    >No. As I've said, I've tried 'em all. And found something unsatisfactory
    >about each for my (simple) requirements.

    Each to his own. But have you tried Mozilla Thunderbird? It's far more
    simple and user friendly than OE for both mail and Usenet.

    >What ytou wrote seems to have been understood by some of us in the
    >connotation:
    >
    >ie- " don't use OE for anything" AND "(I don't use) Usenet for anything".
    >All clear now.

    Speaking of Usenet, you'll notice that I've just upgraded my
    newsreader to the latest Agent release. It's quite an improvement over
    v5x and Forté offers a 30 day free trial if you'd like to try it
    again.
    Donchano, Dec 29, 2009
  16. Mary Hanna

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Donchano wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:06:47 +1300, "geoff" <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> Mary Hanna wrote:
    >>

    >>> OE is crap Newreader, May be Agent was over you head..?
    >>>
    >>> May be u missed the Boat.

    >> Maybe. But if that's your opinion then it's a strong argument for the
    >> contrary, cos you are totally in outer space with most of your
    >> opninions on pretty much everything.

    > OE is not only a crap newsreader, it's a crap mail client as well -
    > especially when compared to something like Mozilla Thunderbird. But it
    > does suit some people, simply because they don't know any better and
    > aren't willing to admit it.

    Are you feeling particularly arrogant today or are you always convinced that
    your way is the only way?

    I use OE (for usenet only, nor email set up in it, and with OEQuotefix) out
    of *informed* choice. I try a different newsreader about every three months
    as folks (usually with messiah-complex's) seem convinced that to use OE is
    to ask for trouble/be ignorant/be in league with Satan. However, after
    trying many other newsreaders I find that OE suits me best.

    It does exactly what I want and I'm happy with it (although I'll likely try
    another client in the near future, if there's better [for me] then I want
    it). I take offence at your insulting me for my choice.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Dec 30, 2009
  17. Mary Hanna

    Enkidu Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 12:42:58 +1300, Crash <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:39:01 +1300, Donchano
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:14:50 +1300, Enkidu <>
    >>> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>> I'm at a loss to know why you're bothering to tell me this since my
    >>> first post makes it abundenly clear that I'm already aware of what
    >>> Usenet is and that my resply made it clear that I already use a proper
    >>> newsreader for Usenet rather than a mail client like OE or a browser &
    >>> Google Groups.

    >> Don, one of your posts was:
    >>
    >> "Since I don't use OE for anything, let alone Usenet, I can't possibly
    >> comment."
    >>
    >> Perhaps that was what prompted Enkido's response ;-)

    > Perhaps Enkido should learn to read and interpret English. ;-)
    >
    > Let me repeat: I do NOT use OE for *anything* - let alone USENET. And
    > if Enkido was using a decent newsreader instead of OE he/she/it would
    > have known that I was using a proper Usenet newsreader instead of a
    > piece of shit like Outlook Express.

    Perhaps you should learn to read.

    Also, I don't have Outlook Express on my computer.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 30, 2009
  18. Mary Hanna

    Enkidu Guest

    Donchano wrote:
    > On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:46:08 +1300, "geoff" <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >> Donchano wrote:
    >>
    >>> Of course it does. Why would you think otherwise? If you read my
    >>> original post you'll see that I wrote that "I don't use OE for
    >>> anything, let alone Usenet." That's because OE is a crap newsreader
    >>> and a crap mail client.

    >>> More likely through ignorance ...

    >> No. As I've said, I've tried 'em all. And found something unsatisfactory
    >> about each for my (simple) requirements.

    > Each to his own. But have you tried Mozilla Thunderbird? It's far more
    > simple and user friendly than OE for both mail and Usenet.

    I'm happy with what I have.

    >> What ytou wrote seems to have been understood by some of us in the
    >> connotation:
    >>
    >> ie- " don't use OE for anything" AND "(I don't use) Usenet for anything".
    >> All clear now.

    > Speaking of Usenet, you'll notice that I've just upgraded my
    > newsreader to the latest Agent release. It's quite an improvement over
    > v5x and Forté offers a 30 day free trial if you'd like to try it
    > again.

    Do they still do "Free Agent"? I used that for two years and
    contemplated getting the full version, but I decided to use my present
    newsreader.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 30, 2009
  19. Mary Hanna

    Carnations Guest

    On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:00:49 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

    >> Perhaps Enkido should learn to read and interpret English. ;-)

    What is there to "interpret" if plain standard English is used?

    >> Let me repeat: I do NOT use OE for *anything* - let alone USENET. And
    >> if Enkido was using a decent newsreader instead of OE he/she/it would
    >> have known that I was using a proper Usenet newsreader instead of a
    >> piece of shit like Outlook Express.
    >>

    > Perhaps you should learn to read.
    >
    > Also, I don't have Outlook Express on my computer.

    Indeed you're using Thunderbird.

    As a complete aside, do you know if there is any code shared between MS Outlook and Outlook
    Express in any of its renamed variants?

    I know that Microsoft claims that they're separate applications of MS Windows, but MS also claimed in
    2008 that MS Office was a new office productivity suite - not withstanding that MS Office was first
    released in 1989 - 20 years ago - and was just a marketing term for a bundled suite of applications -
    MS Word 4.0, MS Excel 2.20 and MS PowerPoint 2.01 (of which MS Word was released as early as
    1984); and has been subsequently re-released with additions or modifications in intervals of between 1
    & 3 years.

    So, MS Word is in fact a 25 year old application.

    Carnations, Dec 30, 2009
  20. I caught a glimpse of Mary Hanna <> on Mon, 28 Dec 2009
    20:06:57 +1300, writing in nz.comp:

    >Why I ask is that Outlook Express in no longer used.
    >
    >And from the looks of it Windows Live Mail has no support..
    >
    >I had a quick try of Live Mail, I got rid of it in a few hours utterly Total
    >Crap..

    I see you are using Agent 5 currently, it can be upgraded to Agent 6
    which works well under Windows 7.
    --

    Erik
    Erik Vastmasd, Dec 30, 2009