Does VISTA Phone home every day..?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jack Hammond, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. Jack Hammond

    Jack Hammond Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Jack Hammond

    Invisible Guest

    On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 15:42:24 +1300, Jack Hammond <jm@yah***.com wrote:

    >http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1838/

    "I can think of a number of scenarios where I’m unable to register my
    legitimately bought copy of Windows. Just suppose I was late with registering my
    newly bought copy because I misplaced the box with the product key, I know it is
    rather foolish, but it happens. "

    Heh, can you even *install* it without the friggen key?
    Invisible, Oct 7, 2006

  3. Jack Hammond

    Phil Guest

    Jack Hammond wrote, On 7/10/06 3.42 p:

    > http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1838/

    Where does this mention Vista phoning home every day?

    "Yet after 30-days the carpet is pulled from under Windows Vista’s
    security features and I’m exposed to the net’s virtual thugs and
    villains that’ll potentially wreck havoc to my files, gain access to
    personal information such as bank account details or credit card info, etc."

    This is completely wrong as well -- the firewall isn't disabled, you're
    still allowed to download critical updates, critical spyware and other
    malware are still detected and removed, and any 3rd-party software that
    does the same still functions.

    -Phil
    Phil, Oct 7, 2006
  4. Jack Hammond

    Jack Hammond Guest

    On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 23:04:59 +1300, Phil <> wrote:

    >Jack Hammond wrote, On 7/10/06 3.42 p:
    >>
    >> http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1838/

    >Where does this mention Vista phoning home every day?
    >
    >"Yet after 30-days the carpet is pulled from under Windows Vista’s
    >security features and I’m exposed to the net’s virtual thugs and
    >villains that’ll potentially wreck havoc to my files, gain access to
    >personal information such as bank account details or credit card info, etc."
    >
    >This is completely wrong as well -- the firewall isn't disabled, you're
    >still allowed to download critical updates, critical spyware and other
    >malware are still detected and removed, and any 3rd-party software that
    >does the same still functions.
    >
    >-Phil

    See this headline

    Microsoft outlined what measures it will be taking to fight piracy, including remote control of your
    PC, has full corporate control of your PC now become a reality?
    Jack Hammond, Oct 7, 2006
  5. Jack Hammond

    marika Guest

    Re: Does VISTA Phone home every day..?

    Phil wrote:
    > Jack Hammond wrote, On 7/10/06 3.42 p:
    > >
    > > http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1838/

    > Where does this mention Vista phoning home every day?
    >
    > "Yet after 30-days the carpet is pulled from under Windows Vista's
    > security features and I'm exposed to the net's virtual thugs and
    > villains that'll potentially wreck havoc to my files, gain access to
    > personal information such as bank account details or credit card info, etc."
    >
    > This is completely wrong as well -- the firewall isn't disabled, you're
    > still allowed to download critical updates, critical spyware and other
    > malware are still detected and removed, and any 3rd-party software that
    > does the same still functions.

    yet another classic

    mk5000

    "Things in my life are complicated, too"--Juelz Santana
    marika, Oct 7, 2006