    70-620 has an option to upgrade from the MCDST. My question is if you do
    this what happens to the MCDST cert? I worked really hard to get that cert
    and I would hate to have it go away.

    Joe Navy, Feb 8, 2008

  2. Joe Navy

    John R Guest

    "Joe Navy" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    >I was browsing the Microsoft site the other today and I noticed that the
    >Exam
    > 70-620 has an option to upgrade from the MCDST. My question is if you do
    > this what happens to the MCDST cert? I worked really hard to get that
    > cert
    > and I would hate to have it go away.

    Your MCDST cert will not go away. The 70-621 (which is what I think you
    meant) just allows you to obtain the MCTS and MCITP certs a little quicker.
    Any cert that you have now will never expire. They will become meaningless
    some day, but they will not disappear. The new MCITP certifications will
    have a three year life cycle. Details on renewing MCITP certifications have
    not yet been made public.

    John R

    John R, Feb 8, 2008