    norm Guest

    Does Thunderbird work in W95os2.1?
    thanks
    norm, Nov 19, 2005

  2. norm

    Moz Champion Guest

    norm wrote:
    > Does Thunderbird work in W95os2.1?
    > thanks

    From Thunderbird System Requirements
    > Operating Systems
    >
    > * Windows 98
    > * Windows 98SE
    > * Windows ME
    > * Windows NT 4.0
    > * Windows 2000
    > * Windows XP (Recommended)
    >
    > Minimum Hardware
    >
    > * Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
    > * 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
    > * 52 MB hard drive space

    There have been some reports of people getting it to work on Windows 95,
    but it isnt designed for such. Some features may not work on that system
    and if you encounter problems you may not find much help available. And
    no, I dont know how the users made it work.

    Note how the recommended system is XP, which is a far cry from Windows 95
    Moz Champion, Nov 19, 2005

  3. norm

    Aido Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > norm wrote:
    >
    >> Does Thunderbird work in W95os2.1?
    >> thanks

    > From Thunderbird System Requirements
    >
    >> Operating Systems
    >>
    >> * Windows 98
    >> * Windows 98SE
    >> * Windows ME
    >> * Windows NT 4.0
    >> * Windows 2000
    >> * Windows XP (Recommended)
    >>
    >> Minimum Hardware
    >>
    >> * Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
    >> * 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
    >> * 52 MB hard drive space

    > There have been some reports of people getting it to work on Windows 95,
    > but it isnt designed for such. Some features may not work on that system
    > and if you encounter problems you may not find much help available. And
    > no, I dont know how the users made it work.
    >
    > Note how the recommended system is XP, which is a far cry from Windows 95

    LOL,I'm running it on a machine below recomended spec, That machine is a
    Celeron 366 with 192meg Ram & ME! And it runs fine.

    Aido.
    Aido, Nov 19, 2005
  4. norm

    Moz Champion Guest

    Aido wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> norm wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does Thunderbird work in W95os2.1?
    >>> thanks
    >>> N

    >> From Thunderbird System Requirements
    >>
    >>> Operating Systems
    >>>
    >>> * Windows 98
    >>> * Windows 98SE
    >>> * Windows ME
    >>> * Windows NT 4.0
    >>> * Windows 2000
    >>> * Windows XP (Recommended)
    >>>
    >>> Minimum Hardware
    >>>
    >>> * Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz or greater)
    >>> * 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM or greater)
    >>> * 52 MB hard drive space

    >> There have been some reports of people getting it to work on Windows
    >> 95, but it isnt designed for such. Some features may not work on that
    >> system and if you encounter problems you may not find much help
    >> available. And no, I dont know how the users made it work.
    >>
    >> Note how the recommended system is XP, which is a far cry from Windows 95

    > LOL,I'm running it on a machine below recomended spec, That machine is a
    > Celeron 366 with 192meg Ram & ME! And it runs fine.
    >
    > Aido.

    Fine and dandy, then you assist this person with his/her problem <g>
    Moz Champion, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Moz Champion wrote:
    > Aido wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> From Thunderbird System Requirements

    >>> There have been some reports of people getting it to work on Windows
    >>> 95, but it isnt designed for such. Some features may not work on that
    >>> system and if you encounter problems you may not find much help
    >>> available. And no, I dont know how the users made it work.
    >>>
    >>> Note how the recommended system is XP, which is a far cry from
    >>> Windows 95

    >> LOL,I'm running it on a machine below recomended spec, That machine is
    >> a Celeron 366 with 192meg Ram & ME! And it runs fine.
    >>
    >> Aido.

    > Fine and dandy, then you assist this person with his/her problem <g>

    Did you try it? Did it give your errs? Could you post them, then?
    Aljosha
    Aljosha Filippov, Dec 4, 2005
  6. Aljosha Filippov wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Aido wrote:

    >>> LOL,I'm running it on a machine below recomended spec, That machine
    >>> is a Celeron 366 with 192meg Ram & ME! And it runs fine.
    >>>
    >>> Aido.

    >> Fine and dandy, then you assist this person with his/her problem <g>

    > Did you try it? Did it give your errs? Could you post them, then?
    > Aljosha

    I didnt, for the reasons outlined above. You should ask Aido for his
    assistance
    Moz Champion (Dan), Dec 7, 2005