    how it manages offline reading etc. I was hoping it might do it
    better than outlook express. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

    John T.

    John Toliver, Aug 27, 2004

  2. John Toliver wrote:

    > I am betwixt and between on the subject of ow to manage my email. On
    > one hand I want access to my email whereever I am indicating that a
    > web mail setup might be best, however I also like having an all in one
    > approach to my email, news reading and web browsing experience and at
    > times it is difficult to grab my messages for offline reading. I
    > think most of those issues are worked out but I would like to know if
    > thunderbird can support http mail accounts like hotmail, and if so,
    > how it manages offline reading etc. I was hoping it might do it
    > better than outlook express. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    >
    > John T.

    Not without a helper program like Hotmail Popper or GTray.

    Phillip Bryant, Aug 27, 2004

  3. John Toliver

    Andreas Guest

    Phillip Bryant wrote:

    > John Toliver wrote:
    >
    >> I am betwixt and between on the subject of ow to manage my email. On
    >> one hand I want access to my email whereever I am indicating that a
    >> web mail setup might be best, however I also like having an all in one
    >> approach to my email, news reading and web browsing experience and at
    >> times it is difficult to grab my messages for offline reading. I
    >> think most of those issues are worked out but I would like to know if
    >> thunderbird can support http mail accounts like hotmail, and if so,
    >> how it manages offline reading etc. I was hoping it might do it
    >> better than outlook express. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> John T.

    > Not without a helper program like Hotmail Popper or GTray.

    I used to use Hotmail Popper but I kept getting bad connections. Then
    they went paid. I then switched over to Mr Postman and works just
    great. http://sourceforge.net/projects/mrpostman/

    Andreas

    To contact me remove the NOSPAM

    Andreas, Aug 27, 2004
  4. John Toliver

    John Toliver Guest

    Thanks a lot for the direction. I have astarting point for further research.
    John T.

    John Toliver, Aug 30, 2004