    message...something like "if you have PF lower than 0 on drive C,windows wont
    be able to write these minidumps" (something like that).

    My question is,does the PF really need to be on drive C:?

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Sep 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Sounds like C is your system drive. %systemroot%

    John Barnes, Sep 23, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You can change where the dump is written in System Properties. from
    %systemroot% to whatever drive you have your pagefile on.

    John Barnes, Sep 23, 2005
  4. Re: Does the Page File must be on C in order to check the dump fil

    Ok so for example if my PF is on my F partition,i can change the Small dump
    directory to F:\minidump ?

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Sep 23, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    I create a small PF of about 20 mb on the main XP drive and then have a system controled PF on another drive.
    this gives room for the mini dump but forces the main usage to the otehr drive.

    mikeyhsd, Sep 23, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Does the Page File must be on C in order to check the dump fil

    Should work fine.

    John Barnes, Sep 23, 2005
  7. lostword wrote:
    > I set my PF on another partition (which is also another harddrive),when i
    > enable the Small memory dump and disable the auto restart,i get a
    > message...something like "if you have PF lower than 0 on drive C,windows wont
    > be able to write these minidumps" (something like that).
    >
    > My question is,does the PF really need to be on drive C:?

    There needs to be a small page file (@ 5 Mb) on C:, if you want to
    catch the minidumps, yes.

    --

    Bruce Chambers