    Thanks,

    Bruce

    , Nov 21, 2003

  2. Sloopy Guest

    Yes, but you'll have to hold it on with tape. Oh, and the aperture won't
    work automatically.

    Otherwise, it should be great!

    -Sloopy

    Sloopy, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Darrell Guest

    Canon dropped all support for FD lenses when they introduced the EF (EOS)
    mount. The FD was not able to allow room for the motor coupling, and
    electronic connections needed for auto-focus

    Darrell, Nov 21, 2003
  4. CARBUFF Guest

    Im not sure about the digital rebel, but for eos cameras in general, there are
    converters for doing this. Of course you wont have AF and there are other
    limitations as well. There are 2 types of converters that Ive seen. The cheap
    ones that are merely a flange adapter for the mount and another one by canon
    that has optical elements as well. The ladder is very rare as it was only sold
    to professionals and is long discontinued. They pop up on ebay now and then but
    go for big bucks like $500+. Check ebay and do a google search and you should
    find out more.

    George

    CARBUFF, Nov 21, 2003
  5. CARBUFF wrote:

    > Im not sure about the digital rebel, but for eos cameras in general, there are
    > converters for doing this. Of course you wont have AF and there are other
    > limitations as well. There are 2 types of converters that Ive seen. The cheap
    > ones that are merely a flange adapter for the mount and another one by canon
    > that has optical elements as well. The ladder is very rare as it was only sold
    > to professionals and is long discontinued. They pop up on ebay now and then but
    > go for big bucks like $500+. Check ebay and do a google search and you should
    > find out more.

    The non-optical adapter disables infinity focus, and is useful primarily
    for macro work.

    The optical adapter has a protuding from element that is compatible only
    with the high-end telephotos, introduces an additional 1.26 mutiplier
    and costs a 2/3 stop light loss.

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, Nov 21, 2003