  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Does the MCDST certification ever expire?

    Matt, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Matt

    Bobby Guest

    Hi Matt,

    MSFT certifications is based on versions. The current MCDST is base on Win
    XP. So if Win XP becomes obsolete so will your MCDST that is base on Win XP.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Aug 14, 2004

  3. The most direct answer is no, the certification will not expire. When/if a
    superseding product comes out you will be given the opportunity to upgrade
    your certification for that new product (if a certification exists).

    Over time you will end up with many 'versions' of a certain
    certification...for instance, I am in MCSE, I hold 3 MCSE certifications,
    NT4, Windows 2000, and Windows 2003.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Shawn P Bolan
    MCT, MCSE (NT4, Win2k, Win2003), MCDST, Security+, A+, Network+

    Shawn P Bolan, Aug 15, 2004