    LuluDev Guest

    Looking at the documentation for 70-315 vs 70-536, it seems that 70-536
    replaces the 70-315? Does anyone agree, or know the answer to my question.?

    LuluDev, Jan 29, 2006

  2. LuluDev

    WSUS Guest

    NO

    536 covers everything in .NET 2.0, 528 focus on the ASP.NET. You should
    select 528 if you can afford only one exam.

    You need to pass both 528 and 536 to get MCTS at web development. That
    should be at similar level as MCAD.

    When I took the 536 beta, I didn't have enough time to get fully prepared.
    Now, I am re-preparing it. Although, I think I did make more than a little
    nice guesses and I should have a good chance to pass the beta, I still need
    to prepare the topics again for the 55x upgrade betas.

    "LuluDev" <>

    WSUS, Jan 30, 2006

  3. LuluDev

    LuluDev Guest

    Thank-you for your help. Do you know if you need to be invited to take the
    beta exam? I see the postings by Sandra Webber that has the promo codes that
    allow you to take the exam and receive a voucher. But, from some other
    various reading I have done on the web, I thought you need to be officially
    invited to take the beta test.

    I understand that you should only take it if you feel you are qualified etc.
    But I just want to make sure if I am able to use www.vue.com to signup for
    the test, that I can actually appear on test day and take the beta.

    LuluDev, Jan 30, 2006
  4. LuluDev

    WSUS Guest

    If the beta post is send by someone else, you should not use the promotion
    code. However, you should read Sandra Webber's signature:

    > Sondra Webber
    > Program Manager
    > Developer and Database Certifications
    > Microsoft Corporation

    If he's not the real Sondra Webber, the post would have been deleted.

    In the past, they send invitation to individuals. I can see that MS
    extended the beta period of the new .NET exams. It seems that MS needs more
    people to participate in the betas. If you want to signup, do it now. The
    seats are limited. Even if you got the official invitation by email, you
    may still miss the exam if the seats are full.

    "LuluDev" <>

    WSUS, Jan 31, 2006