  1. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    just sitting here wondering. Might go get one for the kids.
    cowboyz, Sep 29, 2003

  2. cowboyz

    Zaphod Guest

    Only if mod chipped.
    Damn thing does not recognise cd-r's.

    Zaphod, Sep 29, 2003

  3. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    "Zaphod" <> wrote in message
    > Only if mod chipped.
    > Damn thing does not recognise cd-r's.
    >
    > cowboyz wrote:
    > > just sitting here wondering. Might go get one for the kids.

    that is sad but thanx anyway. Might just go get a dvd player seperate then.
    The little woman is set on not opening up the console (if I buy one)
    cowboyz, Sep 30, 2003
  4. cowboyz wrote:
    > "Zaphod" <> wrote in message
    >> Only if mod chipped.
    >> Damn thing does not recognise cd-r's.
    >>
    >> cowboyz wrote:
    >>> just sitting here wondering. Might go get one for the kids.

    > that is sad but thanx anyway. Might just go get a dvd player
    > seperate then. The little woman is set on not opening up the console
    > (if I buy one)

    The Woolies $150 (Or is it $120 now?) Mizuda plays SVCDs and VCDs just fine.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Sep 30, 2003
  5. On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:37:38 +1200, "Nicholas Sherlock"
    <> wrote:

    >cowboyz wrote:
    >> "Zaphod" <> wrote in message
    >>> Only if mod chipped.
    >>> Damn thing does not recognise cd-r's.

    >> that is sad but thanx anyway. Might just go get a dvd player
    >> seperate then. The little woman is set on not opening up the console
    >> (if I buy one)

    >The Woolies $150 (Or is it $120 now?) Mizuda plays SVCDs and VCDs just fine.

    Yep, I downloaded The Fanimatrix film, burned it to CDR in VCD format
    and it plays just fine on my Mizuda.

    Bruce Simpson, Sep 30, 2003
  6. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > cowboyz wrote:
    > > "Zaphod" <> wrote in message
    > >> Only if mod chipped.
    > >> Damn thing does not recognise cd-r's.

    > > that is sad but thanx anyway. Might just go get a dvd player
    > > seperate then. The little woman is set on not opening up the console
    > > (if I buy one)

    > The Woolies $150 (Or is it $120 now?) Mizuda plays SVCDs and VCDs just

    fine.

    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    sweet. that is good to know. I just want cheap crap really and that might
    just fit the bill.
    cowboyz, Sep 30, 2003
  7. cowboyz

    Allistar Guest

    Fanimatrix video (WAS: Does psx2 play SVCD?)

    Bruce Simpson wrote:

    > On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:37:38 +1200, "Nicholas Sherlock"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>cowboyz wrote:
    >>> "Zaphod" <> wrote in message

    >>> that is sad but thanx anyway. Might just go get a dvd player
    >>> seperate then. The little woman is set on not opening up the console
    >>> (if I buy one)

    >>The Woolies $150 (Or is it $120 now?) Mizuda plays SVCDs and VCDs just
    >>fine.

    > Yep, I downloaded The Fanimatrix film, burned it to CDR in VCD format
    > and it plays just fine on my Mizuda.

    I started to download this until I saw the reviews and then gave up. Is it
    any good?

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Sep 30, 2003
  8. cowboyz

    RecylerMan Guest

    cowboyz wrote:
    > just sitting here wondering. Might go get one for the kids.

    speaking of wich I rember somwhere in the past people saying that
    TMPGEnc could be reset so you could use another 30 days of SVCD
    encoding. how is Sombody sposed to do this? been thinking about bying
    the upgrade but finding it hard to justify as 1 in 8 VCD's are made to
    the super standard (time and space) my machine is a little to slow for
    the conversions :(

    --
    RecylerMan ICQ 22245595
    Mail to :- l i n u x u s r AT i h u g DOT c o DOT n z
    RecylerMan, Sep 30, 2003
  9. RecylerMan wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> just sitting here wondering. Might go get one for the kids.
    >>

    > speaking of wich I rember somwhere in the past people saying that
    > TMPGEnc could be reset so you could use another 30 days of SVCD
    > encoding. how is Sombody sposed to do this? been thinking about bying
    > the upgrade but finding it hard to justify as 1 in 8 VCD's are made to
    > the super standard (time and space) my machine is a little to slow for
    > the conversions :(

    You can use Nero for the conversion after you... aquire... the svcd encoding
    plugin :). I can email it to you if you'd like.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Sep 30, 2003
  10. cowboyz

    RecylerMan Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > RecylerMan wrote:
    >
    >>cowboyz wrote:
    >>
    >>>just sitting here wondering. Might go get one for the kids.
    >>>

    >>speaking of wich I rember somwhere in the past people saying that
    >>TMPGEnc could be reset so you could use another 30 days of SVCD
    >>encoding. how is Sombody sposed to do this? been thinking about bying
    >>the upgrade but finding it hard to justify as 1 in 8 VCD's are made to
    >>the super standard (time and space) my machine is a little to slow for
    >>the conversions :(

    > You can use Nero for the conversion after you... aquire... the svcd encoding
    > plugin :). I can email it to you if you'd like.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Thanks but I find nero is a good burning program but don't use it for
    conversion, except for quick and dirty compilation albums made from mp3
    everything elce is made the long way eg one big *.wav file and a cue
    sheet been using vcd easy as well still yet to decide wich way to go
    mostly am doing backups of home and wedding vidieos.

    RecylerMan, Sep 30, 2003
  11. On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:29:08 +1200, cowboyz wrote:

    >> Damn thing does not recognise cd-r's.

    Try CD-RWs.

    lots of DVD devices have trouble coping with CD-rs as the dye is
    nearly transparent to red lasers,
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Sep 30, 2003
  12. On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 07:10:08 +1200, RecylerMan
    <0.nz> wrote:

    >cowboyz wrote:
    >> just sitting here wondering. Might go get one for the kids.
    >>

    >speaking of wich I rember somwhere in the past people saying that
    >TMPGEnc could be reset so you could use another 30 days of SVCD
    >encoding. how is Sombody sposed to do this? been thinking about bying
    >the upgrade but finding it hard to justify as 1 in 8 VCD's are made to
    >the super standard (time and space) my machine is a little to slow for
    >the conversions :(

    Don't be a scrouge! TMPGenc is a very nice piece of software sold at
    a very reasonable price (try writing it yourself for less!) so just
    ante up the small amount they ask for the full version.

    Bruce Simpson, Sep 30, 2003
  13. Re: Fanimatrix video (WAS: Does psx2 play SVCD?)

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:04:53 +1200, Allistar
    <> wrote:

    >> Yep, I downloaded The Fanimatrix film, burned it to CDR in VCD format
    >> and it plays just fine on my Mizuda.

    >I started to download this until I saw the reviews and then gave up. Is it
    >any good?

    Given the budget and timeframes in which it was made, it's quite
    impressive.

    The Male actors are good and the lead actor does very well in the
    fiight sequence (well the movie is really just one big fight sequence
    with a bit of a chase thrown in for good measure) but the female role
    is very weak and she doesn't have the same physical skills.

    The plot -- well there isn't one -- I suspect this is simply a good
    demonstration of how close low-budget effects and filming techniques
    can come to those costing hundreds of millions and with that in mind,
    it's certainly worth a look.

    The musical score is good but some of the voice track is lacking --
    almost begging for some dubbing.

    So long as you remember that it was recorded with camcorders by a
    group of virtual amatuers right here in NZ (something that is easy to
    forget at times because some parts are slick) then you'll probably be
    impressed.

    I suspect this could become an iconic example of just how good Kiwis
    can be at imitating Hollywood so download it, burn it to a good
    quality CDR and store it safely.

    Since it's just 16 minutes long, it's an interesting piece of vid to
    show friends over a beer or a wine.

    Bruce Simpson, Sep 30, 2003
  14. cowboyz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:04:53 +1200, Allistar
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >> Yep, I downloaded The Fanimatrix film, burned it to CDR in VCD format
    > >> and it plays just fine on my Mizuda.

    > >I started to download this until I saw the reviews and then gave up. Is

    it
    > >any good?

    > Given the budget and timeframes in which it was made, it's quite
    > impressive.

    Where can I get it Bruce?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Oct 1, 2003
  15. Re: Fanimatrix video (WAS: Does psx2 play SVCD?)

    "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com> wrote in message
    > Where can I get it Bruce?

    I'm not Bruce (I don't have a long snout) but
    http://www.fanimatrix.net/download.html
    Nathan Mercer, Oct 1, 2003
  16. cowboyz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <nathan@4757979!!!SPAMSUCKS****mcs.co.nz> wrote in message
    > "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com> wrote in message
    > > Where can I get it Bruce?

    > I'm not Bruce (I don't have a long snout) but
    > http://www.fanimatrix.net/download.html

    Thank you Nathan.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Oct 1, 2003
  17. Re: Fanimatrix video (WAS: Does psx2 play SVCD?)

    On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:53:04 +1200, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com>
    wrote:

    >"Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message

    >> >I started to download this until I saw the reviews and then gave up. Is

    >it
    >> >any good?

    >> Given the budget and timeframes in which it was made, it's quite
    >> impressive.

    >Where can I get it Bruce?

    Hey, you've got to read Aardvark miore regularly -- then you'd have
    known where to get the movie and also seen the review on the Mizuda
    DVD player :)

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 1, 2003
  18. cowboyz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    > On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:53:04 +1200, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message

    format

    Is
    > >it
    > >>
    > >> Given the budget and timeframes in which it was made, it's quite
    > >> impressive.

    > >Where can I get it Bruce?

    > Hey, you've got to read Aardvark miore regularly -- then you'd have
    > known where to get the movie and also seen the review on the Mizuda
    > DVD player :)

    Good point. What's the URL again? www.aardvark.co.nz? I just re-formatted
    and lost all my stuff.
    --