    it support simultaneous logins like Concentrator VPN 3000? If yes,
    what command line can I use to configure? Thanks.

    Jason

    Jason, Apr 28, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Jason <> wrote:
    :I am using Cicso PIX515, version 6.3.1 for wireless access. The IPSec
    :VPN seems to allow only single login from a wireless IP address. Dose
    :it support simultaneous logins like Concentrator VPN 3000? If yes,
    :what command line can I use to configure? Thanks.

    I'm missing something -- you are trying to log in multiple users
    from what to what?

    Are you perhaps asking about whether you can use AAA Authentication
    with respect to multiple users sharing the same IP address?

    Or are you perhaps asking whether you can have multiple L2TP or
    PPTP tunnels terminating at the outside IP of the PIX? Or about
    whether you can have multiple L2TP or PPTP passed through the PIX?
    Or about whether you can have multiple IPSEC passed through the PIX?

    Whatever the question, I suspect that half of the answer is that
    you should be upgrading to 6.3(3) [preferably engineering release 221
    or later]. 6.3(1) has security problems, and 6.3(3) introduces some
    new features that make IPSec passthrough much easier. You can
    upgrade to 6.3(1) for free: just google
    site:cisco.com pix security-advisories and pick a recent advisory,
    look through it until it tells you the problem affects PIX 6.3(1)
    and that the fix is 6.3(3). Then cite the URL of that advisory to
    the TAC and they will (in theory) allow you to download 6.3(3).

    --
    We don't need no side effect-ing
    We don't need no scope control

    Walter Roberson, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Sorry for my ambiguity.

    I am using movianVPN client (IPSec only) on wireless devices (thru.
    GPRS Connection) to logon to my Cisco PIX gateway.
    My problem is the logon attempts are not 100% successful. I suspect
    that maybe my gateway not allow simultaneous logins. However, after
    test, I found I was able to logon to one gateway account from two
    different devices (different IPs). However, the attempts were not 100%
    successful. I am wondering any method can debug the problem?
    If I upgrade 6.3.1 to 6.3.3, will it help?
    Thanks.

    Jason

    Jason, Apr 28, 2004