    Just been looking at supported cameras with latest Photoshop RAW plug-in
    (2.3), and it doesn't support 20D.

    Does it work with 20D RAW files?
    Jules, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Jules

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Yes

    Phil Wheeler, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Jules

    Jules Guest

    In that case, I assume that it is the same as 10D?

    Jules, Dec 13, 2004
  4. Jules

    Wright Guest

    On 12/12/04 6:23 PM, in article cpin65$2bb$, "Jules"
    <> wrote:

    > In that case, I assume that it is the same as 10D?
    >

    > "Phil Wheeler" <> wrote in message
    >> Yes
    >>
    >> Jules wrote:
    >>> Just been looking at supported cameras with latest Photoshop RAW plug-in
    >>> (2.3), and it doesn't support 20D.
    >>>
    >>> Does it work with 20D RAW files?

    It is not that same kind of file as produced by the 10D but Photoshop Raw
    (at least the 2.3 version) does support the 20D.
    Chuck
    Wright, Dec 13, 2004
  5. Jules

    Don Dunlap Guest

    I had the same question when I got mine. The Canon download site has the
    update, but it doesn't mention the 20D. It does, however, work. Someone
    mentioned that Canon might not have totally written off on the update for
    the 20D, but it works and that is good enough.

    Don Dunlap

    Don Dunlap, Dec 13, 2004
  6. Jules

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    I think NOT

    Phil Wheeler, Dec 13, 2004
  7. Jules

    Clyde Torres Guest

    "Jules" <> wrote in message
    > Just been looking at supported cameras with latest Photoshop RAW plug-in
    > (2.3), and it doesn't support 20D.
    >
    > Does it work with 20D RAW files?

    Yes it does, Jules. Although not listed, it supports .CR2, which is what
    the 20D spits out.

    Photoshop Elements 3.x also supports it.

    Clyde Torres
    Clyde Torres, Dec 13, 2004
  8. Jules

    Frank ess Guest

    Clyde Torres wrote:
    > "Jules" <> wrote in message
    >> Just been looking at supported cameras with latest Photoshop RAW
    >> plug-in (2.3), and it doesn't support 20D.
    >>
    >> Does it work with 20D RAW files?

    > Yes it does, Jules. Although not listed, it supports .CR2, which is
    > what the 20D spits out.
    >
    > Photoshop Elements 3.x also supports it.

    Looks as if PSP 9 might, too.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Dec 13, 2004
  9. Phil Wheeler wrote:
    > Yes
    >
    > Jules wrote:
    >> Just been looking at supported cameras with latest Photoshop RAW
    >> plug-in (2.3), and it doesn't support 20D.
    >>
    >> Does it work with 20D RAW files?

    Now I'm just waiting for an update that supports the .MRW files from the
    Maxxum 7D...

    Bob ^,,^
    Bob Harrington, Dec 13, 2004
  10. Jules

    Clyde Torres Guest

    "Bob Harrington" <> wrote in message
    > Phil Wheeler wrote:
    > > Yes
    > >
    > > Jules wrote:
    > >> Just been looking at supported cameras with latest Photoshop RAW
    > >> plug-in (2.3), and it doesn't support 20D.
    > >>
    > >> Does it work with 20D RAW files?

    > Now I'm just waiting for an update that supports the .MRW files from the
    > Maxxum 7D...
    >
    > Bob ^,,^

    Bob, the only reason that it supported the 20D very quickly is because it
    generates .CR2 raw files, which is the same format as one or two of the
    other predecessor cameras; otherwise, I'm sure we'd be waiting, too!

    Clyde Torres
    Clyde Torres, Dec 13, 2004
  11. Clyde Torres wrote:
    > "Bob Harrington" <> wrote in message
    >> Phil Wheeler wrote:
    >>> Yes

    >> Now I'm just waiting for an update that supports the .MRW files from
    >> the Maxxum 7D...
    >>
    >> Bob ^,,^

    > Bob, the only reason that it supported the 20D very quickly is
    > because it generates .CR2 raw files, which is the same format as one
    > or two of the other predecessor cameras; otherwise, I'm sure we'd be
    > waiting, too!
    >
    > Clyde Torres

    Thta's what I thought - the current Camera RAW loader ~does~ recognize
    Minolta .MRWs from the earlier Dimage cameras, but there is apparently
    enough tweaking with the 7D to make them taste bad to PS. For now, I
    can use the Dimage Viwer software that came with the 7D to do
    conversions to 24 or 48 bit TIFF.

    But, golly this DSLR is a hoot!

    Bob ^,,^
    Bob Harrington, Dec 14, 2004