Does pc to phone calls give echo problems to listeners in teleconferences/telebridges?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Robert, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I hope this is the right forum for my questions.

    I need a pc to phone service to call telebridges/teleconference (e.g.
    teleclass.com , teleclassinternational.com , teleclass4u.com)

    No echo is allowed. No cell phone is allowed because it creates echo
    for other participants.

    I am wondering about the audio quality of pc to phone software (e.g.
    iconnecthere , dialpad).

    Calls are made from a laptop pc in San Francisco (USA) to somewhere
    else in USA.

    Can any of you please tell me about the audio quality of this pc
    to phone service?

    Can you get home phone audio quality , consistently?

    I am going to use DSL for my internet, and Plantronics USB headset.

    I am NOT going to buy ATA boxes (e.g. vonage) , yet. Because I
    typically spend less than $10 on calls per month.

    Thanks a millions in advance for your answers.

    Take care and have fun.

    Robert
    Robert, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Robert

    mailinglists Guest

    Re: Does pc to phone calls give echo problems to listeners inteleconferences/telebridges?

    On 7/26/03 3:30 PM, in article
    , "Robert"
    <> wrote:

    > I hope this is the right forum for my questions.
    >
    > I need a pc to phone service to call telebridges/teleconference (e.g.
    > teleclass.com , teleclassinternational.com , teleclass4u.com)
    >
    > No echo is allowed. No cell phone is allowed because it creates echo
    > for other participants.

    That's odd - I use my cell to call conference bridges @ work all the time
    (as well as other participants) and never have any problems with echo...
    mailinglists, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Robert

    Robert Guest

    mailinglists <> wrote in message news:<BB4C9A9B.378A%>...
    > On 7/26/03 3:30 PM, in article
    > , "Robert"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > I hope this is the right forum for my questions.
    > >
    > > I need a pc to phone service to call telebridges/teleconference (e.g.
    > > teleclass.com , teleclassinternational.com , teleclass4u.com)
    > >
    > > No echo is allowed. No cell phone is allowed because it creates echo
    > > for other participants.

    > That's odd - I use my cell to call conference bridges @ work all the time
    > (as well as other participants) and never have any problems with echo...

    Please try callling some of the teleclasses listed in teleclass.com
    or teleclassinternational.com and see if your cell phone gives
    echoes to others.

    If no echoe, I would like to find out more about your cell phone plan
    (i.e. phone company and plans etc)

    Please try and let me know. Because if it works for you at
    teleclass.com or teleclassinternational.com , I want to get myself
    a cell phone.

    Thanks a million.
    Robert, Aug 11, 2003
  4. Robert

    mailinglists Guest

    Re: Does pc to phone calls give echo problems to listeners inteleconferences/telebridges?

    On 8/11/03 3:11 AM, in article
    , "Robert"
    <> wrote:

    > mailinglists <> wrote in message
    >> On 7/26/03 3:30 PM, in article
    >> , "Robert"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I hope this is the right forum for my questions.
    >>>
    >>> I need a pc to phone service to call telebridges/teleconference (e.g.
    >>> teleclass.com , teleclassinternational.com , teleclass4u.com)
    >>>
    >>> No echo is allowed. No cell phone is allowed because it creates echo
    >>> for other participants.

    >> That's odd - I use my cell to call conference bridges @ work all the time
    >> (as well as other participants) and never have any problems with echo...

    > Please try callling some of the teleclasses listed in teleclass.com
    > or teleclassinternational.com and see if your cell phone gives
    > echoes to others.
    >
    > If no echoe, I would like to find out more about your cell phone plan
    > (i.e. phone company and plans etc)

    Motorola T720c on Verizon Wireless
    mailinglists, Aug 14, 2003