    I've tried playing some sounds through my internal speaker in x64 but
    haven't gotten it to work. I know it's hooked up okay because it works with
    VMWare + 32-bit XP. Has anyone else had problems?
    James Park, Nov 19, 2005

  2. Go into [Computer Management] | [Device Manager] | and look under System
    Devices. There, it should list as System Speaker - mine say's device
    enabled; no driver installed. This is the typical device that has internal
    support, I believe it belongs to the Console - one of the most basic
    features in the kernel.

    Console - Keyboard, Display, System Speaker.

    Your machine might not even boot without it? Why it would not give sound, I
    do not know. What version of XP Pro x64 have you installed?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 19, 2005