    though all programs are suffering this defect. Help please!

    I have a gig of RAM and an 80 Gig Hard Disk. Processor is an
    AMD 3.0+.
    Pop, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Pop

    Noel Paton Guest

    You may have a virus/spyware hijack

    download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
    viruses are not present on your PC
    http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=stinger

    - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.

    download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
    update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
    your system.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Apr 21, 2006

  3. Pop

    Pop Guest

    Noel Paton wrote:
    > You may have a virus/spyware hijack
    >
    > download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
    > viruses are not present on your PC
    > http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=stinger
    >
    > - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.
    >

    > download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
    > update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
    > your system.

    I have run my Norton AV every night. I downloaded the McAffee
    program you suggested and it found a program Norton had already
    moved to quarantine, nothing else. My system is still Flakey.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have also run AdAware but it finds
    nothing, either.
    Pop, Apr 22, 2006
  4. Pop

    Noel Paton Guest