    Thanks,
    Regards,
    Rachana

    Rachana, Mar 28, 2008

  2. Rachana

    thanatoid Guest

    Rachana <> wrote in
    news:
    oups.com:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I have more than 2000 unread mails in my inbox. on every
    > selection of Internet
    > explorer , yahoo toolbar- Mail icon , gives me message of
    > no. of new mails. Does
    > it keep track of mails / load all those mails in the memory
    > of my system ? Does
    > system performance affect in terms of speed?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Regards,
    > Rachana

    HOW did you end up with 2000+ unread emails?

    WHY do you have so many web-mail accounts? Web mail is insecure,
    and used mainly for spam and by the clueless. Look up "SMTP" and
    "POP3".

    Since I doubt you'll be reading many of these emails anyway, and
    it seems a fairly sure thing that you are receiving
    dozens/hundreds every day, WTF do you need your tray icons to
    TELL you that "you have mail"?

    Turn them off! (Look in help files for how.)

    To directly answer your question, I do not believe they use much
    system resources and they certainly don't download anything.
    They just tell you email has arrived, but as I just said,
    *especially* in your case it seems kind of pointless.

    --
    Savagery of the relationships between people. Here, everyone is
    on the make, all of them doing their damndest to take someone

    J.M.G. LeCl├ęzio

    thanatoid, Mar 29, 2008

  3. Rachana

    ded Guest

    "Rachana" <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have more than 2000 unread mails in my inbox. on every selection of
    > Internet
    > explorer , yahoo toolbar- Mail icon , gives me message of no. of new
    > mails. Does
    > it keep track of mails / load all those mails in the memory of my
    > system ? Does
    > system performance affect in terms of speed?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Regards,
    > Rachana

    I think from your google post that you may have an old version of IE
    and that you are unaware of mail clients and pop3/smtp, and what
    you maybe describing is an IE link to Outlook Express, of which you
    do not have configured, so when you click on that "Mail" link in that
    old version of IE, it is only telling you that Outlook Express has not
    recieved any mail, because it is not configured as your mail client.

    So try and be clear, what "inbox" are you asking about that has 2000
    unread emails? If it is a web-based account - you've posted via google
    and have a gmail address and you mention yahoo, if it is one of those
    accounts and you access them via their web interface (the online sites)
    Then no, the "Mail" icon on the toolbar is nothing to do with them.

    ded, Mar 29, 2008