    by a few days, I never seem to be able to get more than 3 per week (on the
    3-at-once plan) even though they seem capable of delivering faster than that.
    Anyone else notice this?

    Del March, May 6, 2004

  2. Del March

    nrawson Guest

    The 2 free weeks they always sent the next title the same day they received
    the previous one. Since then it does seem that they are pacing the discs. I
    still average 4 or 5 per week though.
    The mail only takes 1 day either direction. I almost always send them back
    the next day.

    "Del March" <> wrote in message
    > I'm starting to notice that if I hang onto a disc for a day or two and

    then
    > return it, that Netflix flags it returned almost immediately. But if I

    return
    > it overnight, either (1) it takes longer for them to acknowledge that they
    > received it, or (2) they'll get it back right away but delay the next

    shipment

    nrawson, May 6, 2004

  3. "Del March" <> wrote in message
    > I'm starting to notice that if I hang onto a disc for a day or two and

    then
    > return it, that Netflix flags it returned almost immediately. But if I

    return
    > it overnight, either (1) it takes longer for them to acknowledge that they
    > received it, or (2) they'll get it back right away but delay the next

    shipment
    > by a few days, I never seem to be able to get more than 3 per week (on

    the
    > 3-at-once plan) even though they seem capable of delivering faster than

    that.
    > Anyone else notice this?

    I got 20 discs last month on the three-out plan. That's a $1.04 per disc,
    including tax. That would've cost me roughly $75 with Blockbuster or
    Hollywood Video. With Netflix, I paid 20.95 including all my tax. Granted,
    if Netflix didn't exist, I wouldn't have watched 20 discs. However, they've
    revolutionized how I watch television and movies with their pricing plan and
    selection.

    I feel sorry for the sad-sack losers who use Walmart. They get what they pay
    for.

    Most of the time issues of pacing can probably be chalked up the post
    office, but every now and then i'd bet Netflix slows an account down here
    and there. Still, they are unbeatable.

    ICEBREAKER
    "Marcy, I'm trying to put some excitement and spontaneity back into our
    sex-life. Actually, I'm trying to put Al back into our sex-life."

    "Remember Peggy, men are like little boys-you have to make sex naughty,
    filthy and degrading. The way they like it."

    Courage Under Ice, May 6, 2004
  4. Del March

    WPM Guest

    On Wed, 5 May 2004 23:25:15 -0400, "Courage Under Ice" <> wrote:

    >"Del March" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm starting to notice that if I hang onto a disc for a day or two and

    >then
    >> return it, that Netflix flags it returned almost immediately. But if I

    >return
    >> it overnight, either (1) it takes longer for them to acknowledge that they
    >> received it, or (2) they'll get it back right away but delay the next

    >shipment
    >> by a few days, I never seem to be able to get more than 3 per week (on

    >the
    >> 3-at-once plan) even though they seem capable of delivering faster than

    >that.
    >> Anyone else notice this?

    >I got 20 discs last month on the three-out plan. That's a $1.04 per disc,
    >including tax. That would've cost me roughly $75 with Blockbuster or
    >Hollywood Video. With Netflix, I paid 20.95 including all my tax. Granted,
    >if Netflix didn't exist, I wouldn't have watched 20 discs. However, they've
    >revolutionized how I watch television and movies with their pricing plan and
    >selection.
    >
    >I feel sorry for the sad-sack losers who use Walmart. They get what they pay
    >for.

    I always did and have no problem with them. I get good merchandise good prices and can ask for nothing more.

    Claire D. Lune

    WPM, May 6, 2004
  5. "Del March" <> wrote in message
    > I'm starting to notice that if I hang onto a disc for a day or two and

    then
    > return it, that Netflix flags it returned almost immediately. But if I

    return
    > it overnight, either (1) it takes longer for them to acknowledge that they
    > received it, or (2) they'll get it back right away but delay the next

    shipment
    > by a few days, I never seem to be able to get more than 3 per week (on

    the
    > 3-at-once plan) even though they seem capable of delivering faster than

    that.
    > Anyone else notice this?

    They did several times with me, when I started returning the DVDs the same
    day I received them with the afternoon mail.

    James Atkinson, May 6, 2004
  6. Del March

    lrulan Guest

    "Del March" <> wrote in message
    > I'm starting to notice that if I hang onto a disc for a day or two and

    then
    > return it, that Netflix flags it returned almost immediately. But if I

    return
    > it overnight, either (1) it takes longer for them to acknowledge that they
    > received it, or (2) they'll get it back right away but delay the next

    shipment
    > by a few days, I never seem to be able to get more than 3 per week (on

    the
    > 3-at-once plan) even though they seem capable of delivering faster than

    that.
    > Anyone else notice this?

    Yes, now that I'm returning the discs quicker I'm getting less discs per
    week than I was when I was holding on to the disc a bit longer. I think they
    think the amount of money we're paying doesn't pay for the number of discs
    we actually get if they get them out to us faster.

    --

    Irulan
    from now until the end of time

    lrulan, May 7, 2004
  7. "Del March" <> wrote in message
    > I'm starting to notice that if I hang onto a disc for a day or two and

    then
    > return it, that Netflix flags it returned almost immediately. But if I

    return
    > it overnight, either (1) it takes longer for them to acknowledge that they
    > received it, or (2) they'll get it back right away but delay the next

    shipment
    > by a few days, I never seem to be able to get more than 3 per week (on

    the
    > 3-at-once plan) even though they seem capable of delivering faster than

    that.
    > Anyone else notice this?

    What more could you want?
    You're getting 3 discs per week, that's an average of 13 disks per month.
    Your price per disc is excellent.
    You should upgrade to the 5 or 8 out plan.

    Colon Terminus, May 7, 2004
  8. Del March

    Boris Guest

    "Del March" <> wrote in message
    > I'm starting to notice that if I hang onto a disc for a day or two and

    then
    > return it, that Netflix flags it returned almost immediately. But if

    I return
    > it overnight, either (1) it takes longer for them to acknowledge that

    they
    > received it, or (2) they'll get it back right away but delay the next

    shipment
    > by a few days, I never seem to be able to get more than 3 per week

    (on the
    > 3-at-once plan) even though they seem capable of delivering faster

    than that.
    > Anyone else notice this?

    Yes. Postal shipping is overnight for me. Nexflix hold's up receiving
    and shipping. Nothing to do with PO. I think Netflix is going through
    some growing pains. So instead of getting 20 a month, I get 18. No big
    deal until the gaps widens.

    Boris, May 7, 2004
  9. Del March

    Eric R. Guest

    "Boris" <> wrote in message

    > I think Netflix is going through
    > some growing pains.

    Well then, they've been going through "growing pains" for about 6
    years now. When I first started out with Netflix (right after they
    first opened), their service was awesome. You'd rent a disc, they'd
    send it to you that day (even if it was a brand new release or an
    obscure title). But they kept changing the rules to make it a bigger
    and bigger pain in the ass (going to a subscription service, the
    annoying long waits of the queue system, their ever-rising price
    structure, etc.).

    It's clear that Netflix didn't have a good business model when they
    first started, but their attempts to tweak that model kept getting
    more-and-more annoying until I finally bailed over 2 years ago. With
    more local video stores carrying DVD's and purchase prices for DVD's
    getting so much cheaper than they were years ago, Netflix just doesn't
    make sense for me anymore. I like the freedom to rent brand new
    releases when they actually come out--not after months of having them
    listed as "long wait" in my queue. I like the freedom to rent what I
    want, when I want, and not having to worry about a monthly fee.

    Don't get me wrong, Netflix has its advantages. Their selection is
    great. But this was a much bigger deal back when the cheapest DVD's
    you could find were $20 Warners, and the average DVD was more like
    $25. Now, with the average down to more like $15, rental selection
    isn't so important anymore. If they're so obscure that your local
    video store doesn't have them, you can just buy them online for a few
    dollars more.

    -Eric

    Eric R., May 7, 2004
  10. Del March

    Boris Guest

    "Eric R." <> wrote in message
    > "Boris" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I think Netflix is going through
    > > some growing pains.

    > Well then, they've been going through "growing pains" for about 6
    > years now. When I first started out with Netflix (right after they
    > first opened), their service was awesome. You'd rent a disc, they'd
    > send it to you that day (even if it was a brand new release or an
    > obscure title). But they kept changing the rules to make it a bigger
    > and bigger pain in the ass (going to a subscription service, the
    > annoying long waits of the queue system, their ever-rising price
    > structure, etc.).
    >
    > It's clear that Netflix didn't have a good business model when they
    > first started, but their attempts to tweak that model kept getting
    > more-and-more annoying until I finally bailed over 2 years ago. With
    > more local video stores carrying DVD's and purchase prices for DVD's
    > getting so much cheaper than they were years ago, Netflix just doesn't
    > make sense for me anymore. I like the freedom to rent brand new
    > releases when they actually come out--not after months of having them
    > listed as "long wait" in my queue. I like the freedom to rent what I
    > want, when I want, and not having to worry about a monthly fee.
    >
    > Don't get me wrong, Netflix has its advantages. Their selection is
    > great. But this was a much bigger deal back when the cheapest DVD's
    > you could find were $20 Warners, and the average DVD was more like
    > $25. Now, with the average down to more like $15, rental selection
    > isn't so important anymore. If they're so obscure that your local
    > video store doesn't have them, you can just buy them online for a few
    > dollars more.
    >
    > -Eric

    I never could understand the mentality of people who have an actually
    library of VHS, and now VCR's. Nothing 'wrong' with it, but have never
    felt the attraction.

    I only watch a movie once. I get 3 movies (maybe 4) a week. How much
    more can you watch? I'm disabled, don't work. I actually don't have
    enough time to do more watching. There are other things in this world
    besides movies. Women? Remote controlled helicopters? Personally I have
    yet to find a good working women, but I got the heli under control :)

    Boris, May 7, 2004
  11. Del March

    D Guest

    I got hit with this starting the month after I rented a blistering 13
    titles. After that I saw things like you describe, I mailed out a dvd
    on 5/3 they said they mailed it out on 5/5 and I should expect it on
    5/11 (?) It hasn't arrived early. I noticed a drag of about a day on
    my rentals, if not two days. I can't argue with netflix because they
    keep extending the expected dates.

    What I can't tell is:
    a) is everyone experiencing this right now?
    b) am I renting obscure films?
    c) is it because I rented so many films recently.

    What I've done to combat this is rent longer dvds, watch half and tape
    the remainder so the dvd goes back the next day.

    at one point it looked like netflix would change the "short wait" to
    "long wait" on a two week interval but now it's like every week or
    so I'm noticing shifting.

    Don

    D, May 10, 2004
  12. Del March

    Geo H Guest

    I happen to know from a friend of mine who uses them, that Netflix is
    sending DVD/R copies of titles and not the actual discs...while this
    may be fine for many 4:3 Standard Def TV users, it is not fine for us
    with 16:9 High Def sets...and there have been quite a few occassions
    where they didnt bother to go through the procedure of even removing
    the DVDXCopy nag screen.

    WTF is that all about? If thats they do, I could be a Netflix.

    Geo H, May 11, 2004
  13. In article <>,
    (Geo H) wrote:

    > I happen to know from a friend of mine who uses them, that Netflix is
    > sending DVD/R copies of titles and not the actual discs...while this
    > may be fine for many 4:3 Standard Def TV users, it is not fine for us
    > with 16:9 High Def sets...and there have been quite a few occassions
    > where they didnt bother to go through the procedure of even removing
    > the DVDXCopy nag screen.
    >
    > WTF is that all about? If thats they do, I could be a Netflix.

    Could your friend name some titles that this was true for? Seems a bit
    preposterous.

    Reginald Dwight, May 11, 2004
  14. Del March

    TVholic Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:54:09 GMT, Geo H <> wrote:

    > I happen to know from a friend of mine who uses them, that Netflix is
    > sending DVD/R copies of titles and not the actual discs

    Netflix has never sent anyone a DVD-R.

    They do have some custom-pressed titles.

    TVholic, May 11, 2004
  15. Del March

    Pug Fugley Guest

    "Geo H" <> wrote in message
    > I happen to know from a friend of mine who uses them, that Netflix is
    > sending DVD/R copies of titles and not the actual discs

    Your friend is a fucking idiot. Shoot him in the head. Now. He's too stupid
    to live.

    ....while this
    > may be fine for many 4:3 Standard Def TV users, it is not fine for us
    > with 16:9 High Def sets...

    Even if it were true, it would make no difference. Again, too stupid to
    live.

    Pug Fugley, May 11, 2004
  16. Del March

    Eric R. Guest

    "Boris" <> wrote in message news:<VaUmc.11964$A27.9022@fed1read06>...

    > Personally I have
    > yet to find a good working women, but I got the heli under control :)

    LOL!

    -Eric

    Eric R., May 14, 2004