  1. I live in Gaithersburg, MD where Netflix has a distribution center.

    Can I drop off my DVDs to save shipping time?

    Steve Prehoda
    The Professor, Dec 19, 2004

  2. The Professor

    luminos Guest

    "The Professor" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I live in Gaithersburg, MD where Netflix has a distribution center.
    >
    > Can I drop off my DVDs to save shipping time?
    >
    > Steve Prehoda

    No.
    luminos, Dec 19, 2004

  3. The Professor

    TCS Guest

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:11:13 -0500, The Professor <> wrote:
    >I live in Gaithersburg, MD where Netflix has a distribution center.

    >Can I drop off my DVDs to save shipping time?

    If you live in the same town, the mail time will be just one day. Is that
    fast enough?
    TCS, Dec 19, 2004
  4. The Professor

    Mark B. Guest

    >I live in Gaithersburg, MD where Netflix has a distribution center.
    >
    > Can I drop off my DVDs to save shipping time?
    >
    > Steve Prehoda

    It's a distribution center, meaning they don't have an office set up for
    consumers to make drops. Besides, if it's in the same town how much time
    can you be saving? Half a day at the most?

    Mark
    Mark B., Dec 20, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    says...

    >"The Professor" <> wrote in message
    >>I live in Gaithersburg, MD where Netflix has a distribution center.
    >>
    >> Can I drop off my DVDs to save shipping time?
    >>
    >> Steve Prehoda

    >It's a distribution center, meaning they don't have an office set up for
    >consumers to make drops. Besides, if it's in the same town how much time
    >can you be saving? Half a day at the most?
    >
    >Mark

    Yeah Netflix is fast as hell anyway. At least in my town.
    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo, Dec 20, 2004
  6. The Professor

    Guest

    No. Netflix purposely conceals the physical address of their
    distribution centers to prevent that very thing. Each DC handles tens
    of thousands of discs each day. It would be impossible for them to
    handle that many customers showing up in person also.

    The only thing I can think of that might speed delivery would be if you
    dropped your disc in a curbside box or at a Post Office within the same
    zip code as the Netflix distribution center's PO box. That might help.
    But why? If you're going to do that, you might as well go to
    Blockbuster instead.

    Netflixfan.com
    , Dec 21, 2004
  7. The Professor

    Guest

    On 21 Dec 2004 06:42:13 -0800, wrote:

    >No. Netflix purposely conceals the physical address of their
    >distribution centers to prevent that very thing.

    snip

    Yeah, but has anyone responding to this post tried it yet? There is a
    distribution center near me as wel and since I am not a member I can
    not do it nor is anyone else that I know and I do know the exact
    address ( the local paper printed it when the distributiion center
    opened ) Soooo has anyone actually knocked on the door with DVDs in
    hand?
    , Dec 22, 2004
  8. In article <Dejyd.3058$>,
    Derek Janssen <> wrote:

    > Doesn't that rather DEFEAT the purpose of Netflix?--
    > If you're going to leave the house to return disks, why don't they just
    > hang a big Blockbuster sign outside their door?

    Don't talk logic, Derek! :) It hasn't helped these knuckleheads in the
    past.
    Reginald Dwight, Dec 22, 2004
  9. The Professor

    Justin Guest

    Reginald Dwight wrote on [Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:47:30 GMT]:
    > In article <Dejyd.3058$>,
    > Derek Janssen <> wrote:
    >
    >> Doesn't that rather DEFEAT the purpose of Netflix?--
    >> If you're going to leave the house to return disks, why don't they just
    >> hang a big Blockbuster sign outside their door?

    > Don't talk logic, Derek! :) It hasn't helped these knuckleheads in the
    > past.

    It doesn't suit him, either.
    Justin, Dec 22, 2004
  10. wrote:

    > On 21 Dec 2004 06:42:13 -0800, wrote:
    >

    >>No. Netflix purposely conceals the physical address of their
    >>distribution centers to prevent that very thing.

    > snip
    >
    > Yeah, but has anyone responding to this post tried it yet? There is a
    > distribution center near me as wel and since I am not a member I can
    > not do it nor is anyone else that I know and I do know the exact
    > address ( the local paper printed it when the distributiion center
    > opened ) Soooo has anyone actually knocked on the door with DVDs in
    > hand?

    Doesn't that rather DEFEAT the purpose of Netflix?--
    If you're going to leave the house to return disks, why don't they just
    hang a big Blockbuster sign outside their door?

    Derek Janssen (traitor!)
    Derek Janssen, Dec 22, 2004
  11. The Professor

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 21 Dec 2004 06:42:13 -0800, wrote:
    >>
    >>> No. Netflix purposely conceals the physical address of their
    >>> distribution centers to prevent that very thing.

    >> Yeah, but has anyone responding to this post tried it yet? There is a
    >> distribution center near me as wel and since I am not a member I can
    >> not do it nor is anyone else that I know and I do know the exact
    >> address ( the local paper printed it when the distributiion center
    >> opened ) Soooo has anyone actually knocked on the door with DVDs in
    >> hand?

    > Doesn't that rather DEFEAT the purpose of Netflix?--
    > If you're going to leave the house to return disks, why don't they
    > just hang a big Blockbuster sign outside their door?

    Exactly. Some of you guys are just thinking too much about this stuff -
    wasn't Netflix supposed to make things *easier* instead of harder?

    Mike Kohary, Dec 23, 2004