Does Nero 7's "BackitUp or Nero Buring ROM" act like Symantec Ghost

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MegaC, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. MegaC

    MegaC Guest

    Hi all,

    I just got Nero 7 and it works great! I have a question though. I
    just reinstalled a fresh version of Windows XP pro and have everything
    set up the way I like it (all patches up to date, all apps installed,
    all menus lined up). What I want to do is make a 'ghost' like image of

    my hard drive onto a DVD, so in the case of a hard drive crash; I can
    simply re-clone a new drive with the old image file.

    Can Nero 7 do this? Is this what this 'BackItUp' component of Nero 7
    does? Or is this what the "Burning ROM" does?

    HELP!

    Cheers,
    Derek
    MegaC, Oct 2, 2006

  2. MegaC

    thanatoid Guest

    "MegaC" <> wrote in

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just got Nero 7 and it works great! I have a question
    > though. I just reinstalled a fresh version of Windows XP
    > pro and have everything set up the way I like it (all
    > patches up to date, all apps installed, all menus lined
    > up). What I want to do is make a 'ghost' like image of
    >
    > my hard drive onto a DVD, so in the case of a hard drive
    > crash; I can simply re-clone a new drive with the old image
    > file.
    >

    > Can Nero 7 do this? Is this what this 'BackItUp' component
    > of Nero 7 does? Or is this what the "Burning ROM" does?
    >

    > HELP!
    >

    > Cheers,
    > Derek

    Is it REALLY easier to post a message displaying your ignorance,
    cluelessness, lack of consideration for others' time, etc., etc.
    than to read the fucking help files for the program you so
    joyously embrace?

    FWIW, I believe that's what it's "supposed" to do. How well it
    does it is another matter. I use Acronis. I think Nero is total
    garbage.
    thanatoid, Oct 2, 2006