    world?

    TIA

    //Christian

    Christian Dysthe, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Christian Dysthe

    wkearney99 Guest

    11 or 10 digits? Here in the mid-atlantic (us) it's common to have to dial
    both the 3 digit area code and the 7 digit number (10 total). So even when
    'in' the 301 area code calling another number in 301 it's necessary to dial
    the 301 area code. Calling other 'local' area codes can be done with just
    their area code (202, 703, 240, etc). Calling a number in those area codes
    but not 'local' requires dialing a leading 1 for long distance. This switch
    came about years ago here. Other areas using 7 digit dialing apparently
    still exist but I wouldn't be surprised to see it being required.

    Whether or not it's related to using a VOIP connection wouldn't seem like it
    should matter. Does the use of a new Carrier and number portability require
    the change?

    -Bill Kearney

    wkearney99, Oct 5, 2004