Does my motherboard support the new Celeron 350 D

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Jay Smith, Jul 4, 2006.

  1. My motherboard manufacturer does not reply to my questions.. so I am posting
    here, perhaps someone knows and can help me.

    Question:

    Does my motherboard support the new Celeron 350 D running at 3.2 GHz?

    Motherboard Model: Matsonic MS9127C

    specs on the CPU can be found here:
    http://www.intel.com/products/processor/celeron_d/index.htm

    this cpu is for mPGA 478 (as the motherboard).

    The motherboards manual says:

    Support Socket 478 for Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 1.5GHz~3.06GHz or faster
    Processor
    Support Intel(R) Hyper-Threading Technology CPU 400/533MHz system interface
    speed

    the "or faster" is a little vague for me....

    my Motherboard manual can be found here:

    http://www.computerboom.com/support/Matsonic-motherboard-manual9127c10-t.pdf

    thanks in advance!

    John Jay Smith, Jul 4, 2006

  2. John Jay Smith

    Toolman Tim Guest

    John Jay Smith wrote:
    > My motherboard manufacturer does not reply to my questions.. so I am
    > posting here, perhaps someone knows and can help me.
    >
    > Question:
    >
    > Does my motherboard support the new Celeron 350 D running at 3.2 GHz?

    Question: why would you buy a Celeron? Save up a little cash and spring for
    the P4 w/HT. I promise you will be MUCH happier in the long run.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2006

  3. I will buy a super computer after vista is comming out. I want this as my
    second computer,
    so I dont want to spend much money on it.

    I have solved the question.. I orderd the celeron D 345 because I could not
    find the D350 on stock anywhere but on another contintent.

    John Jay Smith, Jul 4, 2006
  4. John Jay Smith

    ProfGene Guest

    John Jay Smith wrote:
    > I will buy a super computer after vista is comming out. I want this as my
    > second computer,
    > so I dont want to spend much money on it.
    >
    > I have solved the question.. I orderd the celeron D 345 because I could not
    > find the D350 on stock anywhere but on another contintent.
    >

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>John Jay Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>>My motherboard manufacturer does not reply to my questions.. so I am
    >>>posting here, perhaps someone knows and can help me.
    >>>
    >>>Question:
    >>>
    >>>Does my motherboard support the new Celeron 350 D running at 3.2 GHz?
    >>>

    >>Question: why would you buy a Celeron? Save up a little cash and spring
    >>for the P4 w/HT. I promise you will be MUCH happier in the long run.
    >>
    >>--
    >>When I was a child, I remember my Mom telling me, "Son, when you grow
    >>up, you can marry any girl you please." When I became a young man, I
    >>learned the sad fact was that I could not please any of them.

    Look up your motherboard on the internet and see if there is an online
    manual which will tell you everything that it supports.

    ProfGene, Jul 8, 2006