Does Mozilla dislike scripts?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Vartkes, Jan 9, 2005.

  1. Vartkes

    Vartkes Guest

    Before I surrender completely to Mozilla (abandoning Internet Explorer
    forever) I wanted to make sure all my bookmarks imported from IE 6.1
    were still working 100%.

    The only one that is still resisting is:
    http://www.hltcentral.org/web_interface/index.shtml
    (Its the sign-in page of a proprietary content management system)

    The page is currently showing blank.
    I arrive at the correct login page if I omit 'index.shtml' from the URL.
    However, subsequent pages are also showing a blank page
    - making the interface unusable.

    I have had a look at the source behind the page - but don't know
    enough about Mozilla (or scripts) to know what is upsetting it.

    Is there a work-around solution to this? (e.g plug-ins, extensions?)

    Any pointers much appreciated.

    Vartkes

    ----
    Vartkes
    email:

    Vartkes, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Vartkes

    Tom Betz Guest

    Quoth "Vartkes" <> in news:41e12a71$:

    > The only one that is still resisting is:
    > http://www.hltcentral.org/web_interface/index.shtml

    It's exceedingly non-standard HTML.

    See <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hltcentral.org%2Fweb_interface%2Findex.shtml>
    for details.

    If you must use it, get the Open in IE extension until they fix it.

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Vartkes

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Tom Betz* wrote:

    > Quoth "Vartkes" <> in news:41e12a71$:
    >
    >> The only one that is still resisting is:
    >> http://www.hltcentral.org/web_interface/index.shtml

    > It's exceedingly non-standard HTML.
    >
    > See <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hltcentral.org%2Fweb_interface%2Findex.shtml>
    > for details.
    >
    > If you must use it, get the Open in IE extension until they fix it.

    What's the f*****g idea with coding a frameset page with Javascript
    only!!!!!????? :|

    --
    /Arne

    If you owe the bank a million, you have a problem.
    If you owe the bank ten million, the bank has a problem! (Unknown)

    Arne, Jan 9, 2005
  4. Vartkes

    Xin Zhang Guest

    try change the code

    var ns = (document.layers)? true:false

    into

    var ns = (document.layers||document.getElementById)? true:false

    maybe work maybe not.

    Xin Zhang, Jan 9, 2005
  5. Vartkes

    Tom Betz Guest

    Quoth Arne <> in news:rqaEd.13744$d5.115915
    @newsb.telia.net:

    > Once upon a time *Tom Betz* wrote:
    >
    >> Quoth "Vartkes" <> in
    >>
    >>> The only one that is still resisting is:
    >>> http://www.hltcentral.org/web_interface/index.shtml

    >> It's exceedingly non-standard HTML.
    >>
    >> See
    >> <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.hltcentral.o
    >> rg%2Fweb_interface%2Findex.shtml> for details.
    >>
    >> If you must use it, get the Open in IE extension until they fix
    >> it.
    >>

    > What's the f*****g idea with coding a frameset page with
    > Javascript only!!!!!????? :|

    Judging from the source, some crazy German:

    <head>
    <title>Staps WebBuilder</title>

    [...]

    The only living references to Staps WebBuilder I can find on Google
    seem to be announcements that web sites (like freiwillig.de[1])
    have changed to a different content manager. It looks as though
    Staps (whatever it was) has disappeared.

    [1] <http://www.cosmocode.de/news/news2002/freiwillig.html>

    Tom Betz, Jan 10, 2005
  6. Vartkes

    Vartkes Guest

    "Tom Betz" <> wrote in message
    > Quoth Arne <> in news:rqaEd.13744$d5.115915
    > @newsb.telia.net:
    >
    > > Once upon a time *Tom Betz* wrote:
    > >
    > >> Quoth "Vartkes" <> in

    > >> It's exceedingly non-standard HTML.
    > >>
    > >> See
    > >> <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.hltcentral.o
    > >> rg%2Fweb_interface%2Findex.shtml> for details.
    > >>
    > >> If you must use it, get the Open in IE extension until they fix
    > >> it.
    > >>

    > > What's the f*****g idea with coding a frameset page with
    > > Javascript only!!!!!????? :|

    > Judging from the source, some crazy German:

    > <head>
    > <title>Staps WebBuilder</title>

    > [...]
    >
    > The only living references to Staps WebBuilder I can find on Google
    > seem to be announcements that web sites (like freiwillig.de[1])
    > have changed to a different content manager. It looks as though
    > Staps (whatever it was) has disappeared.
    >
    > [1] <http://www.cosmocode.de/news/news2002/freiwillig.html>
    >
    > --
    > George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    > Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every
    > disability caused there is more blood on George W. Bush's hands,
    > and on the hands of everyone who voted for George W. Bush.
    > The more you know, the less likely you were to vote for Bush.
    > <http://shorterlink.com/?47TBP8>
    > Feeling a draft? <http://shorterlink.com/?930B5U>
    > For the facts on Iraq, see <http://optruth.org>.

    Thank you all for you (increasingly abusive) comments on the
    interface code. I shall pass it on the 'crazy Germans' (correct guess)
    to mull over ;-)

    Regards

    Vartkes

    Vartkes, Jan 10, 2005