    I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
    reason please? Or suggest me one to try?

    Rajinder
    Chaudhry.Nijjhar, Mar 12, 2009

  2. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    floffy Guest

    On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:25:20 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
    >reason please? Or suggest me one to try?
    >
    >Rajinder

    ftp://gallaxial.ath.cx/
    floffy, Mar 12, 2009

  3. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Evan Platt Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
    >reason please? Or suggest me one to try?

    You already have a few good answers. Don't create a new thread asking
    the same question.

    And a FTP program has nothing to do with a web browser.
    Evan Platt, Mar 12, 2009
  4. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 12 Mar 2009 15:30:12 -0400, "floffy" <> wrote:

    >ftp://gallaxial.ath.cx/

    I've told him now twice the one he likes that "is no longer free"
    actually IS still free.
    Evan Platt, Mar 12, 2009
  5. Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:

    > I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla.
    > Any reason please? Or suggest me one to try?

    Your question makes no sense.

    Dare I assume you meant "work with the Mozilla browser?" Your FTP
    programme is *not* related to your browser.

    See the answers in your original thread, "Free FTP for retired..." and
    continue there.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 12, 2009
  6. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Mike Easter Guest

    Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:

    > I have tried many FTP programmes

    You have tried to do _what_ with FTP?

    Download? Upload? Load a website? What mode? Tunneling or other
    security?

    What kinds of alerts did you get?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 12, 2009
  7. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    VanguardLH Guest

    Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
    > reason please? Or suggest me one to try?
    >
    > Rajinder

    FTP uses a different protocol and different ports than whatever is your
    current web browser. The two are unrelated. Some web browsers provide
    a crippled FTP feature but that doesn't make them true FTP clients.
    Since you differentiated the two then you are using something OTHER than
    your web browser as the FTP client. There is no reason why one FTP
    client would work and another fail just because of whatever you happen
    to choose for the web browser. Since you never explained what problems
    you are having with which FTP client, no one can offer advice on solving
    those problems. From your prior post on the same topic, it appears the
    problem is really PEBCAK. You don't know how to use the different FTP
    client and so you are using it incorrectly.
    VanguardLH, Mar 12, 2009
  8. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    catchme Guest

    Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
    > reason please? Or suggest me one to try?
    >
    > Rajinder

    mozilla (not firefox) has an ftp app available for download.
    Near as I know, neither this, nor any other Mozilla app. has been known
    to interfere with other (non- Mozilla) ftp apps.
    catchme, Mar 13, 2009
  9. catchme wrote:

    > mozilla (not firefox) has an ftp app available for download.

    You aren't thinking of FileZilla, are you? (already mentioned in
    Chaudhry's other thread: http://filezilla-project.org/ )

    If so, that app is not connected with the Mozilla organization in any
    way. Apparently there is no trademark on the partial word "zilla."

    > Near as I know, neither this, nor any other Mozilla app. has been
    > known to interfere with other (non- Mozilla) ftp apps.

    FTP apps do not interfere with browsers.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 13, 2009
  10. On Mar 13, 2:15 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:
    > catchme wrote:
    > > mozilla (not firefox) has an ftp app available for download.

    > You aren't thinking of FileZilla, are you? (already mentioned in
    > Chaudhry's other thread:  http://filezilla-project.org/)
    >
    > If so, that app is not connected with the Mozilla organization in any
    > way. Apparently there is no trademark on the partial word "zilla."
    >
    > > Near as I know, neither this, nor any other Mozilla app. has been
    > > known to interfere with other (non- Mozilla) ftp apps.

    > FTP apps do not interfere with browsers.
    >
    > --
    >    -bts
    >    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

    Maybe the problem is that his 'ftp' server is not actually an ftp
    server. perhaps it is running secure copy or sftp. If so he has just
    been wrongly configuring the clients he has been trying.
    Llanzlan Klazmon, Mar 13, 2009
  11. "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
    >> reason please? Or suggest me one to try?
    >>
    >> Rajinder

    > FTP uses a different protocol and different ports than whatever is your
    > current web browser. The two are unrelated. Some web browsers provide
    > a crippled FTP feature but that doesn't make them true FTP clients.
    > Since you differentiated the two then you are using something OTHER than
    > your web browser as the FTP client. There is no reason why one FTP
    > client would work and another fail just because of whatever you happen
    > to choose for the web browser. Since you never explained what problems
    > you are having with which FTP client, no one can offer advice on solving
    > those problems. From your prior post on the same topic, it appears the
    > problem is really PEBCAK. You don't know how to use the different FTP
    > client and so you are using it incorrectly.

    I will keep on trying and ask a friend to help.

    Rajinder
    Chaudhry.Nijjhar, Mar 13, 2009
    <> wrote:
    > catchme wrote:
    > > mozilla (not firefox) has an ftp app available for download.

    > You aren't thinking of FileZilla, are you? (already mentioned in
    > Chaudhry's other thread: http://filezilla-project.org/)
    >
    > If so, that app is not connected with the Mozilla organization in any
    > way. Apparently there is no trademark on the partial word "zilla."
    >
    > > Near as I know, neither this, nor any other Mozilla app. has been
    > > known to interfere with other (non- Mozilla) ftp apps.

    > FTP apps do not interfere with browsers.
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

    Maybe the problem is that his 'ftp' server is not actually an ftp

    Could be but I am not sure. However, many thanks for your help.

    Rajinder
    Chaudhry.Nijjhar, Mar 13, 2009
  13. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:28:16 -0700 (PDT), Llanzlan Klazmon wrote:

    >On Mar 13, 2:15 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    ><> wrote:
    >> catchme wrote:
    >> > mozilla (not firefox) has an ftp app available for download.

    >> You aren't thinking of FileZilla, are you? (already mentioned in
    >> Chaudhry's other thread:  http://filezilla-project.org/)
    >>
    >> If so, that app is not connected with the Mozilla organization in any
    >> way. Apparently there is no trademark on the partial word "zilla."
    >>
    >> > Near as I know, neither this, nor any other Mozilla app. has been
    >> > known to interfere with other (non- Mozilla) ftp apps.

    >> FTP apps do not interfere with browsers.
    >>
    >> --
    >>    -bts
    >>    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

    >Maybe the problem is that his 'ftp' server is not actually an ftp
    >server. perhaps it is running secure copy or sftp. If so he has just
    >been wrongly configuring the clients he has been trying.

    You don't want to start getting Chaudhry, more confused. It's actually
    very surprising he has responded to the messages. The rest of the
    vagueness is normal despite many attempts to point this out over several
    years.

    His various websites mentioned before (guess this is why he is asking)
    are plain ftp.

    If it's the NTL one, perhaps it's the long term 550 permissions denied
    issues.

    Me
    why?, Mar 13, 2009
  14. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:56:13 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
    <> wrote:

    >Maybe the problem is that his 'ftp' server is not actually an ftp

    Uhhhhh... if it's not FTP, ,you need to find out what it is.
    Evan Platt, Mar 13, 2009
  15. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:54:07 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
    <> wrote:

    >I will keep on trying and ask a friend to help.

    Yes, that's certainly a much better idea than the solution I've given
    you now... 4 times.

    Best of luck.
    Evan Platt, Mar 13, 2009
  16. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    G. Morgan Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    >Yes, that's certainly a much better idea than the solution I've given
    >you now... 4 times.

    heh, heh, heh.....

    Live and learn.
    G. Morgan, Mar 13, 2009