    browser. Now, with the new version, the browser won't connect anymore,
    whereas IE6 does (concurrently). Funny, huh? Any ideas?
    d.
    desertstorm, Sep 7, 2003

  2. I can imagine a problem with not having the Polish language pack
    installed, but can't see why it wouldn't connect, unless something else
    is happening to those servers (or your ISP) by coincidence.

    cheers,

    David H

    --

    "When the tough get going, I'll steal their sandwiches."

    If you need to contact me direct, please remove the obvious from the
    reply address
    David Harrison, Sep 7, 2003

  3. desertstorm

    desertstorm Guest

    Re: Does Mozilla 1.5b restrict websites???

    Well, that's not it, I just figured out. I also won't connect me to some
    Germn websites :eek:(
    http://www.sms.de for instance. IE6 does it, my old Mozilla did it too. I
    have no clue.
    d. (the clueless)

    "David Harrison" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:n_L6b.254$9.net...

    desertstorm, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Re: Does Mozilla 1.5b restrict websites???

    On 9/7/2003 10:28 PM, desertstorm said:

    > Well, that's not it, I just figured out. I also won't connect me to some
    > Germn websites :eek:(
    > http://www.sms.de for instance. IE6 does it, my old Mozilla did it too. I
    > have no clue.
    > d. (the clueless)

    I don't think it's Mozilla-specific -- didn't have a problem from here (UK).

    By the way, that's some fairly hefty crossposting there!

    David

    David Harrison, Sep 7, 2003
  5. desertstorm

    desertstorm Guest

    Re: Does Mozilla 1.5b restrict websites???

    Well, I like to make myself heard in the world ;o)) Sorry, will refrain from
    that! I just found something which I consider to be a possible clue. Any
    HTML knowledge? The website mentioned shows this source code:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01

    I think it may have to do with a browser check, but how in the world does my
    browser send incomplete or wrongful browser info (which appears to confuse
    the webserver) and yours doesn't? That's too much for a puzzled Kraut I
    guess.
    d.

    "David Harrison" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:...

    desertstorm, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Re: Does Mozilla 1.5b restrict websites???

    On 9/8/2003 12:37 AM, desertstorm said:

    > Well, I like to make myself heard in the world ;o)) Sorry, will refrain from
    > that! I just found something which I consider to be a possible clue. Any
    > HTML knowledge? The website mentioned shows this source code:
    >
    > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
    >
    > I think it may have to do with a browser check, but how in the world does my
    > browser send incomplete or wrongful browser info (which appears to confuse
    > the webserver) and yours doesn't? That's too much for a puzzled Kraut I
    > guess.

    Unless I've still got some sort of browser spoof preference lurking from
    a while ago: though I haven't specified that in the current install,
    maybe it's stayed in the profile from an earlier Moz version...

    cheers,

    David

    David Harrison, Sep 8, 2003