    Optical Desktop Sets? I didn’t find any related information @ Microsoft
    website.

    Regards
    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlrbw==?=, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Microsoft has a spotty record so far in producing x64 drivers for things
    like this.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Got this off Charlie Russels website:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/08/31/64772.aspx

    "Microsoft mice and keyboards have basic functionality with the new 64-bit
    operating systems, but the newer features like the Magnifier, Tilt Wheel or
    My Favorites Keys will not work. At this point, use of 64-bit operating
    systems is primarily limited to very early adopters. We are looking into
    full compatibility with the 64-bit operating system for future products and
    will keep you updated if we have any announcements. "

    "Current plans are for a release in the first half of calendar year 2006"

    Note this paragraph refers to "Microsoft mice and keyboards", there weren't
    any specifics on what type of Microsoft hardware, the statement applies to
    all Microsoft Mice and Keyboard, which means then, you just have to wait
    until the first half of 2006 to see if any appropriate drivers are available
    for your hardware. Cross your fingers.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 1, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Tmlrbw==?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    They probably want you to buy new hardware.

    I had a microsoft force feedback steering wheel (for games) back in the
    windows 95/98 days, and when Windows XP came around microsoft said I had to
    buy a new one if I wanted support.

    -Rob

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 1, 2005
  5. Thank you for the comprehensive answer, Andre. If Microsoft takes that long,
    than we should not blame other hardware vendors for delaying their drivers
    for x64.

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlrbw==?=, Dec 3, 2005