    certificate up-to-date ?
    Thanx
    Bitterman (CZ)

    Bitterman, Mar 16, 2006

  2. Bitterman

    Mike T. Guest

    "Bitterman" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > I'm working on MCSA certificate. If everything goes fine, I could have
    > MCSA
    > at the end of this year. I would like to know, if this certificate expires
    > someday ? Will I have to do some "refresh" exam in future to make my
    > certificate up-to-date ?
    > Thanx
    > Bitterman (CZ)

    First, check the date on the bottom. If there's any kind of a funny or moldy
    smell, though, toss it.

    Now that I've gotten the requisite snark out of the way, it depends on if
    you're on the 2000 track or the 2003 track.

    --
    Mike T.
    MCNGP #XLI

    Mike T., Mar 16, 2006

  3. Bitterman

    Bitterman Guest

    Ehm... thank you for your reply, but...
    Does it mean, that I DON'T need any refresh exam in future ? That it will
    stand good in, for example, three years ?
    Iam working on MCSA 2003...

    Bitterman, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Bitterman

    > Ehm... thank you for your reply, but...
    > Does it mean, that I DON'T need any refresh exam in future ? That it will
    > stand good in, for example, three years ?
    > Iam working on MCSA 2003...
    >
    > "Mike T." wrote:
    >
    >> "Bitterman" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> > I'm working on MCSA certificate. If everything goes fine, I could have
    >> > MCSA
    >> > at the end of this year. I would like to know, if this certificate
    >> > expires
    >> > someday ? Will I have to do some "refresh" exam in future to make my
    >> > certificate up-to-date ?
    >> > Thanx
    >> > Bitterman (CZ)

    >> First, check the date on the bottom. If there's any kind of a funny or
    >> moldy
    >> smell, though, toss it.
    >>
    >> Now that I've gotten the requisite snark out of the way, it depends on if
    >> you're on the 2000 track or the 2003 track.

    It'll be a while off, but eventually you would most likely have to take an
    upgrade exam to update your cert. But that wouldn't be for a few years
    (exactly how many I honestly don't know), since the 2003 track is the most
    current. MS currently has a 2000 > 2003 upgrade test available, which you
    won't need in any case since you're already on the 2003 track. I wouldn't
    sweat it for now...just keep an eye on www.microsoft.com/learning and follow
    this NG and the MCSE NG to see if there are any changes down the road.

    Mike T., Mar 16, 2006
  5. Yes and no.

    While the current Certification Infrastructure doesn't expire, the new
    Generation will. Let me explain a little. It is true that Windows NT 4.0
    MCSE's are still valid certifications they will get you no where, so while
    the cert doesn't expire, the need for that knowledge does as with your MCSA
    on Windows Server 2003. You will be an MCSA for life, but it wont matter in
    10 years. Expired or not you will want and or need to update your skillsets.

    As for the new Generation of certification; These new crts will expire when
    Microsoft stops supporting the product, which will be a while. Take for
    example Windows 98/ME support is finally coming to and end this year. So
    when you upgrade to the next level in a couple years the new certification
    (Under the MCITP is my guess) will infact have an expiration date, but it
    doesn't really matter anyway.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.