    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
    ArtKramr, Aug 10, 2004

  2. ArtKramr

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (ArtKramr) wrote in news:20040809193053.19468.00002972@mb-
    m17.aol.com:

    > Does it? Is it better than windows?

    What do you mean by "Windows capability"? On my Fedora Core 3 box I can:
    Do net stuff (browse, email, java, flash, etc)
    Play 3d games that have linux versions (unreal tournament, Quake3, etc)
    Burn CDs
    Do office (spreadsheet, word documents, etc)

    Linux is not better than Windows, nor is Windows better than Linux. It is
    different.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Aug 10, 2004

  3. ArtKramr

    Robert Baer Guest

    DeMoN LaG wrote:

    > (ArtKramr) wrote in news:20040809193053.19468.00002972@mb-
    > m17.aol.com:
    >
    > > Does it? Is it better than windows?
    > >

    > What do you mean by "Windows capability"? On my Fedora Core 3 box I can:
    > Do net stuff (browse, email, java, flash, etc)
    > Play 3d games that have linux versions (unreal tournament, Quake3, etc)
    > Burn CDs
    > Do office (spreadsheet, word documents, etc)
    >
    > Linux is not better than Windows, nor is Windows better than Linux. It is
    > different.
    >
    > --
    > website: http://www.demonlag.com
    > AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    > email:

    ...and cannot run any program sold for WIN??.
    Robert Baer, Aug 10, 2004
  4. ArtKramr

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Robert Baer <> wrote in

    > ..and cannot run any program sold for WIN??.

    Can't say I agree with that. My Linux box can run MS Office and Xnews
    using Windows binaries. Also remember that just because I can't run a
    particular Windows program doesn't mean I can't use the same functionality
    in a different program.
    Jim Berwick, Aug 10, 2004