    is revisions? I really don't have $59.98 to purchase the 4th edition but
    I also cannot afford to take either of the A+ exams twice. Any insight,
    advice, or help regarding this matter, will be very much appreciated.
    puntopia, Aug 1, 2003

  2. puntopia

    Mike Smith Guest

    In my very humble opinion, I think you'd be fine with the older edition,
    that is if you plan on taking the current tests. If you're going to wait
    until the new tests come out later this year, then you'd probably be better
    off with the 4th edition.

    Mike

    Mike Smith, Aug 1, 2003

  3. puntopia

    Tony Sivori Guest

    "puntopia" <> wrote in message
    > I have narrowed it down to one A+ preparation book. I cannot decide
    > which edition to get though. The book is Mike Meyers A+ All-In-One Exam
    > Guide. I know that the 4th edition is the latest version of the book
    > out. However, this also means that I can only find it in new condition
    > for $59.99 at any local book store. I can find the 3rd edition for
    > $9.98, with the cd, at Half-Price books. I barely have enough money to
    > pay for both A+ exams right now and if I could get by with the 3rd
    > edition, then that is definitely my first choice.

    The A+ All In One third edition is fine.

    The fourth edition is mostly error correction, and updated CPU / chipset
    info. You can get all the corrections for the third edition at:
    http://www.totalsem.com/support/errata/aplus3.htm

    Be sure to correct the typos before you start studying.

    As for the latest CPU and chipset info, that isn't on the current test
    anyway. Just be sure to plan on taking the test by the end of this year.

    Also be sure download the free add on chapter, "Windows Essentials" at:
    http://www.totalsem.com/techforum/techfiles/es_windows.htm

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Tony Sivori, Aug 1, 2003
  4. puntopia

    Tony Sivori Guest

    Mike Smith wrote:
    > In my very humble opinion, I think you'd be fine with the older edition,
    > that is if you plan on taking the current tests. If you're going to wait
    > until the new tests come out later this year, then you'd probably be
    > better off with the 4th edition.

    The fourth edition does *not* cover the new objectives. Anyone waiting until
    December or later to test, he would be better off to wait for the fifth
    edition which will cover the new objectives.

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Tony Sivori, Aug 1, 2003
  5. Amazon for $41.99, or on Mike Meyers own site for the same prices.

    https://www.megasecurestores.com/to...mv Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TS&Category_Code=AC

    Also why there if you can afford it you can pick up your vouchers plus the
    1100 question practice test CD and 2 vouchers for only 198.99. Vouchers are
    good for 1 year and you should be able to breeze through the book in a month
    or so depending on your study habits. By buying the book, extra practice
    questions and vouchers from the TotalSem.com site you can get them all
    delivered for less than paying for your tests through CompTIA or one of the
    testing centers.

    My A+ took me less than $250 for the book and vouchers.

    My Network+ should take me less than $200 for book and vouchers from the
    TotalSem site.

    Philip

    A+

    C. Philip Cutler II, Aug 1, 2003
  6. On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 07:14:03 -0400, Sundog1966
    <> wrote:

    >check www.bookpool.com. I ave found in the past thier prices can not
    >be beat. Tier ervice to me has been excellent, fast and courteous.

    Another way to save on the retail price of the Fourth Edition is to
    get it from the source ... Total Seminars' web store sells this book
    for US$41.99 + shipping.

    Just a suggestion. ;-)

    Cheers,

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com
    Cindy Clayton, Aug 1, 2003
  7. puntopia

    Puntopia Guest

    Thank you all for your advice regarding this matter. I am going to
    give all of the suggestions some thought and then make my decision.
    Thank you again for your kindness.
    Puntopia, Aug 1, 2003
  8. ....got mine @ eBay...$28 to the door, and the 4th edition.
    Huck Palmatier, Aug 2, 2003