    saw that I got the certification right before the A+ 2003 one, and therefore
    it might be somewhat outdated and not holding as much weight. Are the
    updates to the exam substantial? Or am I worried for nothing?

    efishta, Oct 7, 2003

  2. efishta

    not2dumb Guest

    I would not worry about that, you get a+ certified for life.

    not2dumb, Oct 7, 2003

  3. efishta

    Bruce R Guest

    Hi,

    I had the same concern and emailed CompTIA about it. They confirmed that:
    "The certificate will not state 2003 objectives. It will state your name,
    the date you became certified and your CompTIA id number."

    Therefore, it does not matter when you take the exam. I am going to take my
    second exam this week and hopefully get the certification.

    Hope this helps!

    Bruce R
    Melbourne, Australia

    Bruce R, Oct 7, 2003
  4. efishta

    BobZilla Guest

    I agree that it doesn't really matter. Most of them only care if you have it
    or not. They most likely won't even be aware of the updated ver anyway. I
    got mine back in 2000, what does that say to an employer, well I think it
    says that I have been involved with PC's for a solid 3 years. It shows a
    long time line of experience, not that I only know old out dated content. Go
    for it!!! Good luck ----------BZ

    BobZilla, Oct 7, 2003