    Thank´s for any hint!

    Mathias...

    , May 18, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    :I have two dialup links on a Cisco router and I would like to delete
    :the routes on the first interface once the second one is up.

    :Floating statics don't work because I need both links to dial at the
    :same time (which they don't when they have different administrative
    :distances) - so both have to have the same administrative distance.

    :So an ip-up script would be great which would delete Serial0's route
    :eek:nce Serial1 came up so that all the traffic goes over Serial1.

    I am not sure if I have the situation right:

    You want both links to dial at the same time, perhaps to reduce the
    downtime -- but if Serial1 is able to make a connection, then you
    want it to be used in preference to Serial0 ?

    If so, then I think you just -might- be able to do it with a
    combination of "dialer watch" and having routes with different
    distances imported in from the remote end, and having the Serial0
    interface not be shut down suddenly but rather allowed to expire due
    to lack of traffic. But this is getting into obtruse configurations.

    I suggest you examine the white papers at Vincent C. Jones'
    site, http://www.networkingunlimited.com/ and consider buying
    his book, "High Availability Networking with Cisco". And you need
    some equipment to practice with -- he makes the configurations look
    simple, but it's about like studying for an exam in physics:
    simple looking solutions that you have to study and study and study
    to really understand -how- they work.
    --
    "Who Leads?" / "The men who must... driven men, compelled men."
    "Freak men."

    Walter Roberson, May 18, 2005

  3. Guest

    Walter Roberson schrieb:
    > I am not sure if I have the situation right:
    >
    > You want both links to dial at the same time, perhaps to reduce the
    > downtime -- but if Serial1 is able to make a connection, then you
    > want it to be used in preference to Serial0 ?

    That´s what I want to achieve!

    > ...having routes with different
    > distances imported in from the remote end,

    How would that be done?

    , May 19, 2005