Does HP 932c printer have a memory chip on cartridge?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by lbbs, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. lbbs

    lbbs Guest

    I have been told that the print head has a chip that keeps track of each
    cartridge, so when you refill it the computer will still think that it is
    empty. Is that correct? thanks

    "lbbs" <lbbs @dadffo.ca> wrote in message
    > I have a hp 932c printer with c6578d cartridge. I heard that you can
    > refill them even though is sates "for single use only".
    > My problem is that I used up the color ink until it I ran out. Those

    that
    > mean that there is air in the cartridge and can't be refilled? I never

    got
    > any warning that I was low on ink. Does hp even do that. I had an

    Epson

    lbbs, Dec 1, 2003

  2. In article <>, says...
    > I have been told that the print head has a chip that keeps track of each
    > cartridge, so when you refill it the computer will still think that it is
    > empty. Is that correct? thanks

    There is no chip on the cartridge. Instead, each cartridge has a unique
    ID code. Your printer remembers the current and previous cartridge. When
    it sees a new code, it assumes it's a full cartridge, and starts keeping
    track of ink used, subtracting it from the full value over time. The
    previous-previous cartridge is deleted, and the old current becomes the
    new previous. If you swap between two cartridges, it will simply ping-pong
    back and forth.

    To reset the ink for a given cartridge, you either need to cycle through
    3 cartridges, or use some routines involving taping over contacts to alter
    the ID to emulate rotating through 3 cartridges.

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross
    Andrew Rossmann, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Andrew Rossmann wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> I have been told that the print head has a chip that keeps track of
    >> each cartridge, so when you refill it the computer will still think
    >> that it is empty. Is that correct? thanks

    > There is no chip on the cartridge. Instead, each cartridge has a
    > unique ID code. Your printer remembers the current and previous
    > cartridge.

    Not in all cases, fucktard.

    --
    Your Free Insult: Thou prosecuting, infamising, boiling mouse halting harlot.
    Isophthaloyl-Phytol-Decanol-3-4-Chloro-4-Nicotinic, Dec 1, 2003
  4. lbbs

    Mike Guest

    > Andrew Rossmann wrote:
    > >
    > > There is no chip on the cartridge. Instead, each cartridge has a
    > > unique ID code. Your printer remembers the current and previous
    > > cartridge.

    I have an old 932c and I heard about the ID code in the factory cartridges.I
    was told to keep 3 cartridges if I wanted to refill and to rotate through
    them. I believe there is a sequence of buttons to push on the printer that
    will reset the printers memory and make this unnecessary. (I had bad luck
    refilling and haven't tried since.)
    --
    Mike
    http://www.graphtablet.com Free graph paper for students and others.
    Mike, Dec 2, 2003
  5. lbbs

    pcbutts1 Guest

    If you are still worried about using refills they will work.

    pcbutts1, Dec 2, 2003
  6. In article <>,
    says...
    > Andrew Rossmann wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> I have been told that the print head has a chip that keeps track of
    > >> each cartridge, so when you refill it the computer will still think
    > >> that it is empty. Is that correct? thanks

    > > There is no chip on the cartridge. Instead, each cartridge has a
    > > unique ID code. Your printer remembers the current and previous
    > > cartridge.

    > Not in all cases, fucktard.

    If you were smart enough to read the subject, you would see it mentions
    the HP 932. The cartridges in that do not have have ID chips. So far, it
    looks like only some of the higher-end printers have chips.

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross
    Andrew Rossmann, Dec 2, 2003
  7. lbbs

    Rosco Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > If you are still worried about using refills they will work.

    Didn't read the instructions when I tried to fill cartirdges on an old
    printer, pretty much ruined the clothes I was wearing, my carpet and
    the printer(coated it with ink). Now I have a Lexmark X85 all in one.
    When you take a cartridge out and replace it with either the same or a
    new one it asks you is it the same cartridge or new cartridge just
    incase you did fill it up.

    Rosco, Dec 2, 2003
  8. lbbs

    pcbutts1 Guest

    It's amazing how much ink comes out of that little bottle. ;0)

    pcbutts1, Dec 3, 2003
  9. lbbs

    Rosco Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > It's amazing how much ink comes out of that little bottle. ;0)

    yep, there's alot and i have yet to find anything that can clean it up.

    Rosco, Dec 4, 2003
  10. lbbs

    Model Flyer Guest

    "Rosco" <> wrote in message
    > pcbutts1 wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > If you are still worried about using refills they will work.
    > >

    > Didn't read the instructions when I tried to fill cartirdges on an

    old
    > printer, pretty much ruined the clothes I was wearing, my carpet

    and
    > the printer(coated it with ink).

    That's a common problem when one doesn't read the instructions, I
    refill often and don't have ink all over the place.
    --
    ---
    Cheers,

    Model Flyer, Dec 8, 2003
  11. lbbs

    Model Flyer Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > It's amazing how much ink comes out of that little bottle. ;0)

    One drop goes a very long way.:)
    --
    ---
    Cheers,