    considered a spammer haven? Why would it be any more so than any other
    free mail service?
    , Jan 14, 2009

  2. Mike Easter Guest

    Re: Does Google Groups always require a Captcha when posting w/a Hotmail based account?

    wrote:

    Reading and posting to usenet messages via GG is a big disadvantage; I
    recommend against that.

    > I notice when posting/replying from a couple of accounts that use a
    > Hotmail address, it always seems to invoke the Captcha security code
    > requirement whereas those with a Yahoo mail address don't.

    Altho' GG help doesn't describe some posting requiring captcha clearance,
    the GG help group does
    http://groups.google.com/group/Groups-Suggestions/msg/7916343ab54f07de or
    http://snipr.com/a18rf "Google is since some time - years, I'd say -
    using captchas before: ... in some cases, posting..."

    > Is Hotmail
    > considered a spammer haven? Why would it be any more so than any other
    > free mail service?

    GG itself is associated with sourcing usenet spamming problems more than
    hotmail domain addresses.

    If you haven't noticed, MS related entities tend to 'dis' Google related
    entities and Google related entities tend to dis MS related entities.

    'dis' in this context implies 'disrespect'

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 14, 2009