    - Linux: ImageMagick, GIMP, Kolourpaint, etc.

    Q: Does freeware exist that will automatically center & crop a series of
    slightly-offset images?
    James Gagney, Sep 12, 2012

  2. James Gagney

    Pablo Guest

    Re: Does freeware exist to align a series of photos prior to GIF animation (center & crop)?

    James Gagney escribió:

    > I'm making an animated GIF (thanks for your advice on Linux & Windows
    > software!) and snapped a series of photos sans tripod.
    >
    > Does a freeware program exist that will read in multiple digital photos
    > and then align the centers for cropping (basically as a software 'image
    > stabilizer')?
    >
    > I have all the 'standard' freeware photo editing programs handy:
    > - Windows: Irfanview, Paint.NET, VicManPhotoEditor, etc.
    > - Linux: ImageMagick, GIMP, Kolourpaint, etc.
    >
    > Q: Does freeware exist that will automatically center & crop a series of
    > slightly-offset images?

    Hugin. I don't think it will crop though.

    --
    Pablo

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
    The below is a link to an ad for an apartment
    for rent. It may or may not be of interest to photographers.
    Follow the link at your peril.
    http://paulc.es/piso/index.php
    Pablo, Sep 13, 2012

  3. James Gagney

    M.L. Guest

    Re: Does freeware exist to align a series of photos prior to GIF animation (center & crop)?

    >I'm making an animated GIF (thanks for your advice on Linux & Windows
    >software!) and snapped a series of photos sans tripod.
    >
    >Does a freeware program exist that will read in multiple digital photos
    >and then align the centers for cropping (basically as a software 'image
    >stabilizer')?
    >
    >I have all the 'standard' freeware photo editing programs handy:
    >- Windows: Irfanview, Paint.NET, VicManPhotoEditor, etc.
    >- Linux: ImageMagick, GIMP, Kolourpaint, etc.
    >
    >Q: Does freeware exist that will automatically center & crop a series of
    >slightly-offset images?

    If the files are all the same size and will use the same crop,
    Irfanview's batch feature allows you to create a custom crop and
    specify its position.

    www.irfanview.com
    M.L., Sep 14, 2012
  4. James Gagney

    James Gagney Guest

    James Gagney, Sep 14, 2012
  5. James Gagney

    DanP Guest

    On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:24:52 PM UTC+1, James Gagney wrote:
    > I'm making an animated GIF (thanks for your advice on Linux & Windows
    >
    > software!) and snapped a series of photos sans tripod.
    >

    > Does a freeware program exist that will read in multiple digital photos
    >
    > and then align the centers for cropping (basically as a software 'image
    >
    > stabilizer')?
    >

    > I have all the 'standard' freeware photo editing programs handy:
    >
    > - Windows: Irfanview, Paint.NET, VicManPhotoEditor, etc.
    >
    > - Linux: ImageMagick, GIMP, Kolourpaint, etc.
    >

    > Q: Does freeware exist that will automatically center & crop a series of
    >
    > slightly-offset images?

    I did a search and found this http://photo.stackexchange.com/ques...ce-software-for-auto-alignment-of-photographs

    Hugin in command line.

    DanP