Does exist free version of XXcopy64 ?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Poutnik, Feb 14, 2009.

  1. Poutnik

    Poutnik Guest

    Hi,

    I am confused by xxcopy product site,
    if one can get free version of xxcopy utility, running on Vista 64.

    --------------------------------
    The page http://www.xxcopy.com/index.htm#summary

    says :
    XXCOPY64 for the Windows 64-bit versions

    Starting with ver 2.97.3, the 32-bit version of XXCOPY will no longer
    support the 64-bit Windows environment. A new version of XXCOPY for
    Win64 is now available for 64-bit versions of Windows (XP x64, Vista
    x64, Server 2003 x64 and Server 2008 x64).

    Does info mean one can use 32bit one for Vista64,
    but need use versions prior version 2.97.3 ?
    --------------------------------
    On other place

    http://www.xxcopy.com/index.htm#fw_pe

    is stated
    XXCOPY64 Pro is now made available
    to existing customers with XXCOPY-Pro.

    Does info mean that one cannot have free version of xxcopy64 ?

    --
    Poutnik
    Poutnik, Feb 14, 2009

  2. Poutnik

    Poutnik Guest

    In article <MPG.2400a6007d29d4b9989757@127.0.0.1>,
    says...

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am confused by xxcopy product site,
    > if one can get free version of xxcopy utility, running on Vista 64.
    >
    > --------------------------------
    > The page http://www.xxcopy.com/index.htm#summary
    >
    > says :
    > XXCOPY64 for the Windows 64-bit versions
    >
    > Starting with ver 2.97.3, the 32-bit version of XXCOPY will no longer
    > support the 64-bit Windows environment. A new version of XXCOPY for
    > Win64 is now available for 64-bit versions of Windows (XP x64, Vista
    > x64, Server 2003 x64 and Server 2008 x64).
    >
    > Does info mean one can use 32bit one for Vista64,
    > but need use versions prior version 2.97.3 ?
    > --------------------------------
    > On other place
    >
    > http://www.xxcopy.com/index.htm#fw_pe
    >
    > is stated
    > XXCOPY64 Pro is now made available
    > to existing customers with XXCOPY-Pro.
    >
    > Does info mean that one cannot have free version of xxcopy64 ?

    The xxcopy I got recently from xxcopy64.com site
    is version 2.97.2, with no mark being 64bit in doc.
    It seems to be more like 32b version,
    still supporting 64bit enviroment.

    --
    Poutnik