    Are there any things I should check for to stop this regular 'freezing'.
    It's getting beyond a joke!

    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Lisa, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Lisa

    Budweiser Guest

    "Lisa" <> wrote in message
    news:UCcAf.51282$...
    > Since I bought a new PC with XP Home one, I seem to have had more than
    > my share of (Not responding) program errors.
    >
    > Sometimes things sort themselves out and the program continues, but
    > rarely.
    >
    > Are there any things I should check for to stop this regular
    > 'freezing'. It's getting beyond a joke!
    >

    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    what are you trying to do when you get this error,what else is running
    in the background? how much ram have you got? what processor?
    what software have you added?

    your question is a bit like ---my car wont start

    more details are required and i am sure someone here can help you
    resolve the issue.
    In general tho, a lockup/freeze is caused by a bad install of something
    or overloading of your systems capability, and or a combination of both.
    Budweiser, Jan 20, 2006

  3. Lisa

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:29:24 +0000, Lisa wrote:

    > Since I bought a new PC with XP Home one, I seem to have had more than my
    > share of (Not responding) program errors.
    >
    > Sometimes things sort themselves out and the program continues, but rarely.
    >
    > Are there any things I should check for to stop this regular 'freezing'.
    > It's getting beyond a joke!

    Hardware / memory defects.
    Meat Plow, Jan 21, 2006
  4. Lisa

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:29:51 +0000, Budweiser wrote:

    > n general tho, a lockup/freeze is caused by a bad install of something
    > or overloading of your systems capability, and or a combination of both.

    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH you dotty fuckstain. Drink more beer and do
    shut the **** up about things you know nothing about.
    Meat Plow, Jan 21, 2006
  5. Lisa

    old jon Guest

    "Lisa" <> wrote in message
    > Since I bought a new PC with XP Home one, I seem to have had more than my
    > share of (Not responding) program errors.
    >
    > Sometimes things sort themselves out and the program continues, but
    > rarely.
    >
    > Are there any things I should check for to stop this regular 'freezing'.
    > It's getting beyond a joke!
    >

    > Thanks for any suggestions.

    Rt\click My Computer\Manage\Event Viewer and check for
    Apps and System errors first.

    --
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Jan 21, 2006
  6. Lisa

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Hi Lisa; I have been getting this quite a bit in the past few weeks. I have
    a 1.2 gig processor, two RAM chips - one is 512Mb, the other is 1024.
    Nothing new added to my computer in several months, except a Radeon video
    card, but the trouble started long before that. Most of the time it is with
    Internet Explorer, but occasionally, it does happen with other programs. I
    have to use the Three-Finger-Salute in order to shut down IE or whatever
    other program stalls, and I do the Micro$haft error reports. They always
    come back saying that it is either adware, spyware, or a virus. They are
    full of SHIT. I use their own anti-spyware program, as well as Adaware,
    Spyware Blaster, and Spybot Search and Destroy. I also have ZoneAlarm
    Suite, which includes Firewall, Antivirus, and Spyware blocker. Of course,
    I do not have them all running at the same time, so that is not the problem.
    I tend to believe that it has everything to do with one of the "critical
    updates" that Gates & Co. have distributed to their suckers, I mean
    customers.

    PuppyKatt, Jan 21, 2006