    buyer and tell him I'm within the rules (as I'm sure it would be higher
    than 3 business days)

    Thanks.
    Bioret, May 27, 2007

  2. Bioret

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Bioret" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns993CED07929Bbioret@66.250.146.128...
    >I recently a nintendo wii on ebay. The buyer payed promptly and I sent it
    > 3 business days later. My question is: does ebay have a policy that says
    > within how many days I must send something? Because the buyer is bitching
    > because I hadnt sent it sooner... And I had not stated anything about
    > sending it within a specific time.
    >
    > I just want to know if eBay has a policy like that so that I can email the
    > buyer and tell him I'm within the rules (as I'm sure it would be higher
    > than 3 business days)

    None that I'm aware of.

    Here's their seller rules:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-rules-overview.html

    But your feedback rating can really take a beating with lousy service like
    that. I always ship next business day. 100% positive rating. Worth every bit
    of the extra effort.
    WhzzKdd, May 27, 2007

  3. Bioret

    pcbutts1 Guest

    No I don't think so but if someone pays more then it would normally cost to
    ship something in shipping fee's then I would bitch too. Or if you wait 3
    days then ship it 3 days that's bad too.

    pcbutts1, May 27, 2007
  4. Bioret

    Bioret Guest

    You all think 3 business days later is bad?...I have 100% feedback (59) but
    it seems it wont be like that anymore.
    Bioret, May 27, 2007
  5. 3 days is excellent, tell him to f off and neg the crap out of him

    Christopher Syn, May 27, 2007
  6. Bioret

    WhzzKdd Guest

    So when you pay someone the big bucks, and want your stuff, you're happy to
    wait an extra three days for the seller to get it shipped? Most people would
    be upset.

    WhzzKdd, May 27, 2007
  7. Bioret

    Bioret Guest

    "Christopher Syn" <> wrote in

    > 3 days is excellent, tell him to f off and neg the crap out of him

    I can't do that, he was a good buyer. Anyways with ebay you neg them they
    neg you.
    Bioret, May 27, 2007
  8. Bioret

    Vanguard Guest

    "Bioret" <> wrote in message
    >I recently a nintendo wii on ebay. The buyer payed promptly and I sent
    >it
    > 3 business days later. My question is: does ebay have a policy that
    > says
    > within how many days I must send something? Because the buyer is
    > bitching
    > because I hadnt sent it sooner... And I had not stated anything about
    > sending it within a specific time.
    >
    > I just want to know if eBay has a policy like that so that I can email
    > the
    > buyer and tell him I'm within the rules (as I'm sure it would be
    > higher
    > than 3 business days)
    >
    > Thanks.

    As I recall, the buyer can contact eBay and initiate action against you
    if you have not shipped the item within 14 days of auction close if
    there was a winning bidder but it starts AFTER the seller has received
    the actual payment (and not the promise of payment). I believe that the
    buyer can actually start bitching to eBay if the item hasn't shipped
    within 7 days of close & payment. They have their own support forums
    where you can ask. The buyer better not wait too long to initiate
    action; else, they risk taking too long for eBay to intercede.

    Everytime I sell something on eBay, one of the auction parameters is how
    long after close of auction for when I will ship the item. I list 1
    [business] day. For clarification, one of the notes that get added to
    my auctions is that shipment is 1 days after payment has been received.
    If I get paid promptly then I ship promptly. I don't ship until I get
    paid. eChecks will delay shipping until the buyer's payment clears
    their bank and PayPal gets the funds (i.e., I wait until Paypal tells me
    that the funds got honored). I will only ship to confirmed addresses,
    and I do NOT accept 3rd party payment (i.e., someone other than the
    buyer paying through Paypal). If you don't already have the packaging
    available to ship the item when and if it sells, make sure to add a day
    so you can go get it.

    You don't mention if the 3 days were calendar or business days. Even if
    3 business days, you never mention if you specified in your auction as
    to when you will ship and if you are running an e-store or just doing
    some personal selling. For personal sales, anything under a week is
    acceptable. If you say that you will ship in one day in your auction,
    you are expected to ship the item within one business day after
    receiving payment. A closed auction is not finalized until payment is
    actually received. After all, if the buyer doesn't pay (something you
    should mention, like payment must be received within 3 days) then the
    seller can offer the item to the 2nd place bidder. eChecks delay
    getting payment because the seller isn't paid until the buyer's bank
    honors the funds transfer and Paypal sends an e-mail to the seller
    telling the seller that the item has finally gotten paid. Accepting
    paper checks incurs a delay to get them via snail mail and also for them
    to clear the bank and money orders can be easily forged so cash them
    first. Shipping delay is measured AFTER the seller actually gets paid.
    No seller is going to relinquish their property until they get paid for
    it.

    Don't expect buyers to give a gnat's fart about your personal troubles.
    Getting in an accident, hospitalized, a death in the family, house fire,
    or whatever is not the problem of the buyer regarding them getting the
    item that they have paid for, nor is it the concern of the seller when
    getting paid about the buyer's troubles or stupidity, like having to
    wait until the next paycheck to cover the sale. If you bend over
    backwards, too often you end up watching yourself get analized. Keep it
    professional, keep it cold.

    As a buyer, if I pay the seller and funds are honored immediately then I
    expect the seller to honor their auction's parameters. If the seller
    says they will ship in 1 day and since they already have my money then
    they better ship by the end of the next business day. If you make a
    promise, honor it.
    Vanguard, May 27, 2007
  9. Bioret

    Robb Guest

    Bioret wrote:
    <snip>

    >I can't do that, he was a good buyer. Anyways with ebay you neg them they
    >neg you.

    (IMO) If it was 'new in the box' you should have had it ready to ship
    when you listed it - then shipped as soon as you received payment.

    Is there an excuse for taking excess time? There's plenty of space to
    list complications in shipping. (Such as disability, distance from shippers
    oversize, weight, ect.) Otherwise, three days is too long to send small
    items sold by private sellers, if you didn't mention anything else in your
    ad. If that buyer gives you a lump take it as a lesson for the future, not
    an insult.

    --
    Robb
    Robb, May 27, 2007
  10. Bioret

    pcbutts1 Guest

    No. Three business days is very good but only if it is shipped on the day
    payment is received or the next day. I once paid for priority next day
    shipping which they did but they did not ship it until 7 days after payment,
    that just depletes the purpose.

    pcbutts1, May 27, 2007
  11. pcbutts1 wrote:

    > that just depletes the purpose.

    Err ... "defeats"
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 27, 2007
  12. Bioret

    WhzzKdd Guest

    No - you misunderstood. He's not talking about the METHOD of shipping. He's
    talking about sitting on his you-know-what for three days before taking the
    sold item down to the post office or the UPS shipping store and actually
    getting it sent.

    See, if some lazy you-know-what gets my money, and waits several days before
    shipping my stuff, I'm gonna be pissed, no matter WHAT method is used to
    ship it.

    Shipments should be sent as soon as possible after the payment transaction
    is completed. While there are no "rules" stating that, it's just good common
    courtesy, good human relations, and the right thing to do.

    WhzzKdd, May 27, 2007
  13. Bioret

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Yes, the "F" and the "P" are too close to each other on the keyboard. ;0)

    pcbutts1, May 27, 2007
  14. Bioret

    pcbutts1 Guest

    OOOH I got ya now. The lazy bastard.

    pcbutts1, May 27, 2007
  15. as an ebay user, , if someone shipped my item in 3 days, thats acceptable
    to me (you have that long just to pay the seller in most cases),especially
    if the seller didnt state immediate shipping in the ad.lets say you got the
    same item from a mail order retailer, how long on average would it take???

    Christopher Syn, May 27, 2007
  16. see if you think so after he negs you....

    Christopher Syn, May 27, 2007
  17. Bioret

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Yeah - that's how I felt too <g>

    WhzzKdd, May 27, 2007
  18. Bioret

    WhzzKdd Guest

    The retailers I purchase from ship no later than the next day, unless it's a
    made-to-order item. If they don't have a fast shipping policy, I won't shop
    there.

    WhzzKdd, May 27, 2007